Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bonding Funky and Baby Roo

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Funky, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

I have started bonding Funky with Baby Roo. I have tried them two weeks ago in a bath but they were fighting so I gave up that point - I knew I would have few days now to do it. I usually start bonding in bath but this time I have put them to carrier and took them for drive to rspca -they have been in carrier for about an hour -I think this made a trick. When I came back with them home I put them in bath and they both have been fine. No fighting, humping, showing who is the boss. Baby Roo only few times was hoping behind Funky with his tale up so I have stopped him to go anywhere near my Lord:D
    Friday night I have put them to cage to make sure their space is still small-and on Saturday they have spend time with me in living room-I have blocked ways behind sofa so I could always see both of them- only eye vision space:) they were running happily together -Funky is much more confident as he knows every room at our house. Baby Roo is following him. I have than in the evening clean their room and put them both there and they have been fine. I was still worry to leave them on their own overnight so they have been back in the cage and in our bedroom (Funky runs free in our bedroom but it is quite big space so I didn't want them to get over excited. Today they are back in their bedroom and they seem all fine. I have even opened their door to landing-Funky cheeky little boy tries to go to our bedroom every time door opens.
    He was so happy to see us when we got back from holiday-he was following us everywhere-even when I took bath he was sitting with me, wherever I walked he was next to me- he was sniffing me, giving kisses and just looked so happy to see us.
    I hope they will stay like this-I wanted albino bunny as I thought those two are not going to work out after accident two weeks ago but maybe I have tried to hard that point. I am not going to introduce new bunny as I don't want to damage their bond.

Attached Files:

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

:) they make a lovely couple :p

I swear by the car rides I wouldn't start bonding any other way now

3. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

They are gorgeous, sounds like they are doing well together :)

4. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

I had to give them food in separate bowls as. Funky is only eating protexin pellets and Baby Roo selective science.
    Funky shared his food:)

Attached Files:

5. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

It sounds like it is going really well. Don't give them too much space too soon though.

Your Lord Funky sounds a real character!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice