Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bonding for Bernie

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by xkimxo, Feb 3, 2012.

1. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

Id say they were well and truly bonded :) (i hope).

Last week Bernie asked if i had any ratties looking for homes as she is committing a serious crime, 3 boys in an explorer!!! It just so happened i had 6 boys in pairs, sooo i tried bonding them all together. Unfortunatly the youngest 2 were not having any of it which i think may be my fault. They had a bad experience when i first decided to try bond them to 2 of my super friendly boys, turned out they are not so super freindly when they see other rats :(.

The other 4 however were fine, today i decided to let them have a neutral cleaned out carrier and they all got in and didnt want to get out! Then i moved them all into one of their fully cleaned cages and were all fine. Annoyingly i dont have anything bigger than a freddy spare and cant see a way of joining it to the other freddy so ill have to split them up just before i go to bed as it seems a little cramped. I dont have the room to face the cages together with both doors open as their cages are on top of other cages.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
    I took the house lid away just to be safe

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
    i think he fancied some alone time :)

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

excellent work! :)

3. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Woot Woot, that has really cheered me up :)

Noodle has got a really rattly chest and is over producing porphyrin so looks very sorry for himself :(
    He is on antibiotics but this is the third infection in a couple of months :(

4. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Just thought I'd add, that I had forgotten one was hymi marked, I've wanted one for ages :lol:

5. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

Oh no poor Noodle and also poor you because i know how worrying it is. Frankie (Agouti hooded) has been a little sneezy today but no porphyrin, im keeping an eye on him though.

Hes one of the older dudes, totally laid back :). His brother the PEW i believe is completly blind as he has cloudy eyes, not that it makes any difference to him. I do make sure i speak to him before i pick him up or stroke him as i have startled him by accident before.

Also if you would like and dont feel obligated here i am more than happy to home the younger boys to you too complete with a Freddy 2, but you would need to furnish it. They are super friendly rats and maybe when they are a little older could be bonded . One of them is a licky rat too. As i said im not trying to push them on you at all, i can put them in the adoption section here as they would make great rats for anyone :)

6. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

He will be able to keep Noodle company because he is virtually blind too (that's if they bond, I see no reason why they won't as they are all chilled out boys)

Hmm as for the younger two hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Who am I kidding, if you are bringing the cage, how can I say no :aureola:

7. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

:D i wouldnt do that kind if deal for just anyone haha. Seriously though im more than happy, i got 3 of my 4 freddys for free and the 4th was £20, aslong as you dont mind kitting it out, i will include their igloo, wooden hanging toys, water bottle and food bowl but cannot afford to give their ropes and hammocks away sorry :(

I also think when they have calmed down a bit they may be easier to bond (they are real explorers and not into staying still like the others), though tbh it was more Ernie that was unhappy he fully spikes his fur and rises up if another rat goes near him even if they are ignoring him.

8. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

That's ok I'm happy to but more toys :p
    What day are you thinking about bringing them all up? I want to make sure the OH isn't in, as I think he will have a small heart attack this time :lol:

9. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

Ahh cool :) and um around the 20th feb? or 21st but can possibly do another day if you OH is in those days

10. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

21st is great for me :thumbup:
    Ohhh I'm all excited now :aureola:

11. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

Aww awsome, im so happy they are going to you :)

12. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

This is one of the cheeky younger ones :) I didnt post them earlier due to the state of my bathroom :eek:

Hmm what is this
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Looks good
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Nearly there
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Brilliant, dirty tissue :)
    [​IMG][/IMG]

He really made me laugh, there wasnt anything bad in that bin either just tissue from where i cleaned up the rats before poop and pee :)

13. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Squeee I'm in love with everyone already :001_wub:

I think we are going to have to stop meeting up this way, you are bad for my GMR :lol:

14. xkimxo

xkimxo PetForums Senior

Well technically your bad for mine :p as I know soon after I'll see an ad and think I have space. We're as bad as each other haha

15. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just how happy do they look :D :D :D I lurve the piccies - please keep supplying more :D :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice