Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bogie

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by kayla, Jul 3, 2009.

1. kayla

kayla PetForums Member

Bogie is a funny little tan coloured terrier. He has come to us from a rescue in Ireland and is the sweetest little dog. He does have slight luxating patellas but this is not unusual in a small dog. He gets on well with the other dogs and his little tail never stops wagging. He does seem a little enthusiastic with the cats but I think that can be worked on. He is about 2 years old and didn't had the best start in life but it hasn't stopped him loving everyone. He is being foster in Birmingham.

Bogie foster mummy says This little boy is so eager to please and get so excited his tail is a blur. He travelled well in the car and has been clean in the house, he sits when asked and is a dream to walk. He curls up on your lap for fuss and then drops off to sleep. I left him and my dog for about 40 minutes and they were fine.
    he has luxating patellas but this doesn't stop him doing anything , he rushes around the garden, can jump in and out of the car / sofa and bed with ease.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

he is neutered, vaccinated, microchiped, flea and worm treated.
    You will need to complete a preadoption form and then Katherine our adoption coordinator will contact you.

Pre-adoption form - www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk

2. kayla

kayla PetForums Member

Today Bogie went to our local carnival, he had a great time running around the park (still on a lead though) and met some dogs which he was fine with.

Then he watched some children demonstrating karate, stood and watched donkeys walking past. The park was packed with people and children and he was as good as gold it didn't phase him at all.

Although he was interested in all the picnics taking place he never attempted to grab part of them as he was walkng past (unlike my dog )

Bogie really is a dream dog, he's quiet, loving, clean, obeys commands the only down side is he's not to keen on cats.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kayla

kayla PetForums Member

Bogey has been xrayed at the vets and has hip dysplasia. This is most unusual for a little terrier and the good news is that as he is so small and light it is hoped this can be managed withoout drugs.

I had to post this but hope I dont go and jinx it by doing so!!! Bogey had visitors tonight a lovely couple with two lovely little yorkies who are looking to get another terrier. He was very well behaved and we all went for a walk to the park so fingers crossed he made a good impression

4. kayla

kayla PetForums Member

update from his froster mum An update on the Dreamboy. The interest that was there didnt materialise unfortunately. Not anything to do with Bogey I hasten to add.

This little man is so lovely and not a minutes trouble. Weve had a lovely day today and hes had his first visit to the beach (really big beach) tonight and he had such a brilliant time. We let him off the lead and he was good as gold. Hes been right in the sea after Bo my spaniel and wasnt a bit phased, I was when the wave went over his head but he just swam and absolutely loved it so no lifeguarding needed. He even persuaded Alfie to go right in as well. Theyve played in the rock pools too so theyve had a lovely time. He then came home and had a bath and again no problem at all, he even stood with his paws on the edge of the bath watching while the other two had their turn it was really funny. Hes now sat right next to me all snuggled up. I did take photos tonight so fingers crossed I should get them on here in the next couple of days.

Come on people, if youve been looking at this little boy dont miss out on the chance of a superstar, he really is a special little man.

5. kayla

kayla PetForums Member

I have had lots of people interested in adopting this fantastic little man, however understandably , they have been concerned about the long term prognosis regarding his hip condition.

We are hoping that once this is monitored by the medication etc etc..this will not greatly affect his quality of life (it doesn't appear to be doing so far !!!), however we think it might be a good idea to close his adoption thread for a few weeks, so that I can then give people a better idea of how this may or may not affect him and then we can find him a forever home.

6. kayla

kayla PetForums Member

Well the lovely Bogey is off to his new home on Saturday. Hes not friends with me at the moment as I just tried his new little fluourescent safety vest on him and he was not impressed so hes run and jumped on the OH's knee and snuggled up there. He may need a little coaxing to wear that!!!!!

Looking forward to Saturday now to meet this little mans new family but will miss him loads!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice