Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bob Martin

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MySugar, Aug 16, 2009.

1. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

What is it supposed to do? Is it only prevent fleas? Or cure too? I have a complaint and want to complain to them that I have wasted my friggin money, but wonder if they will come back with "Well, it is a preventative treament".

I found a flea on Teddy and it is so much cheaper than Frontline (which if i'd had the money I would have bought). I figured getting a cheaper one is better than nowt. Turns out nowt would have been better! :mad:

Any recommendations on a good flea treament. I now have two to treat :rolleyes: Urgh, hate the horrible evil little things (the fleas, not the cats :D).

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Frontline would be the best option. Most petshop treatments just dont work.

Be careful using Bob Martin products, there have been numerous cases of animal becoming extrmemly ill after use.

3. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

I agree,we used some Bob Martin wormer on my old bitch which resulted in her having a severe allegic reaction and we had to take her to our vets as an emergency,hence why we always go to our vets now for wormer etc....

4. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Yes, I have just seen a thread about Bob Martin Worm treament. Had I known I would not have used the awfull, useless stuff.

I want to complain, but wanted to first get the facts about what it is supposed to do. Frontline it shall be.

5. animallover111

you can buy frontline cheaper on the net too.....:)

6. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Thank you. Just found a cheap website and posted a link :)

7. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

Yep be careful with it it doesnt work and we had yet another cat in fitting from it last night wev got a massive list going since jan with the animals coming in and end up pts through the damage it has caused, its not worth the risk and shouldnt be on the shelves

8. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Oh my :eek: Had I known I never would have even considered it. I feel fortunate that they are ok.

9. animallover111

you would think it would be removed from all shops etc.....i bet loads of people use the stuff without even realising......

10. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

Yep people will because theyl think their doing right by their pets and unfortunatly they dont realise the risks, it should be made more public to people the risks i tell everyone who mentions it who comes in work when they mention using it, i think sometimes some people dont believe the seriousness of it:( i know before i went to college and then working as a nurse my mum used it and the rest of my fam with their pets. pleased to say i dont know anyone who uses it now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice