Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bob Martin to Frontline time gap, and using foggers.

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by SteUK, Aug 19, 2009.

1. SteUK

SteUK PetForums Newbie

Hi,

We have two lovely cats, Burt (3) and Cosmo (2) that we have always treated with Bob Martin Spot On. However, we have found they both have fleas and have passed them onto our carpets!

Having read the horror stories of the Bob Martin treatment we want to move them off it and start using Frontline asap! As soon as we spotted the fleas we gave them a Johnson 4fleas flea killing pill each (hidden in some fois-gras none the less, lucky cats!).

Question 1) How soon can I start using Frontline after the last Bob Martin treatment?

Once on the new treatment I am going to first use a carpet cleaner on everything (was planning on doing it before flea problem) then use Johnson foggers (one with IGR) in every room except the kitchen (tiles flooring). To date I have sprayed all the carpets/sofas and used the shake-and-vac style powder and vac'ed twice. This has made things a lot better but completely flea free.

Question(s) 2) Does this sound like the right plan of action to get back to a flea free home? Is it best to remove bed mattresses so the fogger can get to all carpet areas? Or maybe prob up the mattress to allow it to be treated and access to the carpet below?

Thanks!
    Ste

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice