Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bob Martin flea / tick collar

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by smskar, Jun 12, 2010.

1. smskar

smskar PetForums Member

Hello

I bought 2 flea and tick collars from tesco the other day, at £1.43 each and 5months protection I thought it was a bargain.

The dogs seem fine, no side effects but I find the smell really strong. It smells like the anti cockroach spray I used in Greece! Earlier on Molly was snoozing with her head on my belly and the smell gave me a headache, also my top smelled like pesticide.
    I am sure it said on the packet not to sleep with animals that wear the collar.

I was reading on the net that 1-2 drops of essential oils can be added to standard nylon collars to act as tick/flea repellants. Has anybody used essential oils effectively? What do you use for protection against tick/fleas?

Thanks

Maria

2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Hi, I have tried lots of natural remedies for fleas and have to say nothing worked terribly well, including frontline. The collars worked best but like you, I wasnt that keen. At the moment I have been bathing mine in 50/50 pantene 2 in 1 and dettol and havent had any flea problems. (Infact after the last bath found a couple of small ones dead on her tum)

I think its a bit of trial and error as to what works best.

3. smskar

smskar PetForums Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice