Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Boarding licence

Discussion in 'Dog Boarding' started by Rich_JJ, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Rich_JJ

Rich_JJ PetForums Newbie

I've applied recently to the council for a boarding licence and am currently waiting to here back from them. I have 2 medium sized dogs of my own and wondered if anyone had an idea of how many I would be likely to get a licence for ?

2. BoredomBusters

BoredomBusters PetForums VIP

Every council is different, but in my experience of talking to other boarders 2 from the same family is usual for the first year. Did you ask the person who home checked you what they thought? They're usually happy to discuss it with you.

3. BoredomBusters

BoredomBusters PetForums VIP

Every council is different, but in my experience of talking to other boarders 2 from the same family is usual for the first year. Did you ask the person who home checked you what they thought? They're usually happy to discuss it with you.

4. Rich_JJ

Rich_JJ PetForums Newbie

No, they haven't been out yet to do the home check.

5. joface

joface PetForums Member

My council (East Northants) allow 3 dogs from different households as standard (or they did in January anyway). My licence says '3 dogs across different households plus resident dog'. I'm not sure what would happen if i owned 2 dogs. Since last year you can apply to have more than 3 but you have to have a vet visit which costs more so they can decide how many you have room for (for example, you have to show that you can isolate a poorly dog away from the other dogs & keep different families dogs separate from each other when you are not there).

6. David Hendra

David Hendra PetForums Newbie

It should depend on how many "designated spaces" you can create in your home after you've allowed for somewhere for your own dogs to sleep. You also need a clear plan to isolate and nurse a dog in case of contagious disease. The logistics of that can seriously affect how many designated spaces you can configure, depending on the floor plan of your home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice