Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Boarding Kennels in Lancashire

Discussion in 'Dog Boarding' started by ChowChowmum, May 24, 2010.

1. ChowChowmum

ChowChowmum PetForums Member

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any boarding Kennels in Lancashire? East Lancashire preferably.

I am looking to go away for a few days in August and want somewhere that will look after my two Chow Chows well. If anyone knows of anywhere, please do let me know.x :thumbup:

2. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

I know you said lancashire but theres a really good kennels called cloverdell....

its not far from warrington..... bit of a treck but really lovely place... :)

I know another not far from me - pm me if you want - im that^^ area of cheshire :)

3. JeannieB

JeannieB PetForums Junior

Personal recommendation is certainly the best but also worth calling without an appointment to kennels in your area. By calling on the off chance you actually see what the kennels are like - not what they would like you to see.

If they don't ask to see vaccination certificates strike them off your list immediately. This should be a request from them & not a prompt by you.

Avoid kennels that are of wooden structure as wood habours bacteria. Ensure there are individual runs. Ask about feeding.

Sorry if this is all obvious stuff to you but worth looking for if you are new to kenneling.

4. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Hi!

one of the girls in my group does her work experience in a kennels called Tailwaggers, it's in Knusden... i'm not totally familiar with most areas of blackburn but i'd assume it's not far away :)

this is their website, the kennels look really nice and they also have a groomer on site, so you could maybe book your chows in if they need brushing while you're away (dont know if they do that but I wouldn't see a problem with it)

This is their website: Tailwaggers

Hope that helps :D

5. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

did you get my pm?

6. poppysmum

poppysmum PetForums Junior

Hi
    Tailwaggers on Haslingden Old Road is good. My pup has just spent a week there while i was on holiday. The owners of lovely and the place is spotless. This was the first time my pup had gone but im booking her in again for august. They have a website if you want to have a look.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice