Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Board Games

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cockerpoo lover, May 1, 2011.

1. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

Does anyone else enjoying playing them and I mean not just with the kids?

Hubby and I often play Monopoly ( we did today) and Jenga.

Can anyone recommend any good ones? :001_smile:

2. Sampuppy

Sampuppy PetForums VIP

Deal or no deal can be quite good fun but a little slow. Kids love bingo, frustration and snakes and ladders. I think Monopoly is the best board game though - timeless classic to be enjoyed by all. A good alternative to board games are jigsaws - you can get so engrossed that time flies by!!!

3. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

if you can find it anyway, Hotel is a good game :D BUT its not a game for two players really, it can be played with 2 but better with more :)

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Have you got the new Monopoly with the credit card??? my daughter brought hers up last xmas and it was soooo much fun.
    I love to play games but my kids are so into consoles now, and hubby is the same. I think board games brings a family together, if only we would switch the tele and console's off for just one night a week and all get stuck in with pizza and pop, I am planing on doing this when we foster if we get accepted.

5. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

i like curainum and triver persuite and chess there all good games

6. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

I used to love monopoly! My boys loved board games when they were younger, not so much now :( Cluedo was another favourite :)

7. Plebob

Plebob PetForums Member

The game of life is a good board game. I've become addicted to monopoly for the ipad but I'm sure the computer cheats as it never lands on my hotels and my dog spends all the time in jail:D

8. Cockerpoo lover

No just the original one.

When hubby's 11 yr old daughter comes she loves the game and Jenga too.

I did have Cluedo knocking about but can't find it.

We have a playstation and play on that too but you can beat a good game of Monopoly IMO :)

9. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

I live for trivial pursuits...... everytime I go into hospital, my friends bring trivial pursuits to play :D

10. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

i used to love monopoly , cluedo , snales and ladders and ludo oh the game of life... not played them for years though

connect 4 and guess who i used to love playing also

11. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I like Uno but its not a board game!

I have Monopoly Liverpool Edition :D

12. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

13. Cockerpoo lover

Thanks for that- I'll have a nosey :001_smile:

14. alan g a

alan g a Hello ev'ry body peeps. Stavross 'ere init.

I play trivial pursuit quite a lot. If a question comes up about a man and I don't know the answer I just say Idi Amin,very often it is the right answer ( Genus Edition. )

15. kirk68

kirk68 PetForums VIP

We love Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly. We get some of the family round every so oten and have a really good night with a baord game and a few drinky poos. As you can imagine, the answers in Trivial Pursuit get sillier as the evening goes on.

16. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

I love them :D love monopoly and cluedo, uno and twister, draughts, chinese checkers and scrabble etc as well.

17. Chinquary

Chinquary PetForums Senior

Me too! I've not played Peurto Rico yet, but I liked Powergrid, though my concentration doesn't last long enough really!

Our faviourites are Settlers of Catan, Smallworld, Through The Desert, Livingstone, Keythedral, Age of Steam, Carcassonne, Tikal

I was gutted that I missed out on a board game marathon my friends had this weekend, but I've got an exam to revise for. =[

18. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

My Daughter & I play Yahtzee all the time. We have the original board game, the smaller pocket version & we also have an electronic version each. We are addicted to it.:D

19. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

We sometimes get Carcassonne out when we have a 'new player' to strategy games...it's a good introduction as we tell them it's like a multi-player jigsaw. ;)

Definitely get Puerto Rico and give it a go. It's a great game. Next one on my list to try is Agricola.

Out of the games you already have (apart from Carcassonne), which would you recommend and why?

:)

20. Chinquary

Chinquary PetForums Senior

I love Carcassonne because it's so simple. =]

I think my brother was planning on getting it, or his friend has it so I may have to request it at our next meet up.

I love smallworld. It can be a bit complicated but it's almost a different game each time because it's random chance what class and race combo you get. Otherwise, Settlers is our main game. Quite simple to play (my dad even understands it! :p). It's a nice bit of skill and luck rolled into one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice