Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Blu is in getting xrays

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by CheekoAndCo, Mar 31, 2011.

1. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

His jaw got slightly better but rather than chewing his food he is swalloing it whole because he's too scared to chew it. Just wants to be by himself all the time still so vet wants to see what's going on.

He really hates being left with strangers so I feel awful for leaving him. Luckily he walked in with the vet nurse no problem but he's going to be terrified once he comes round probaly :(

I don't believe in showing dogs with health problems or if they've had surgery to correct something so unless it's something simple like an abcess or he's got a bit of stick stuck in his jaw his showing days could be up!

2. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

awww bless him.

Hope it goes well and he can eat soon :001_smile:

3. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Poor Blu hopefully it's nothing serious :(.

On the plus side you might only have to cope with one poodle in the full show coat

4. sunshine80

sunshine80 PetForums VIP

Hope everything goes OK and he is eating again soon - I was wondering how he was but could not find the original thread. Sonny sends his best wishes not sure if that will help though as do not think he was too keen on the hyper cocker :smile:

5. CheekoAndCo

Thanks everyone. Just phoned the vets, they are so good when it comes to phoning up.

Xrays are fine but he has swelling in his throat. There is a hole in it that is coming from the inside out. It is all infected so he has taken samples to look at on the slides. His antibiotics are getting changed and if he's not better within 5 days they are going to test him for masacatery myostisis. Vet has only ever saw 2 cases of it so it is pretty rare. To phone back at 2 once he has looked at the slides. They had to sedate him twice because he was showing pain under the sedation. He's still sedated and on painkillers.

We are now racking our brains trying to work out what could have caused the hole. He's not one for chewing stuff or taking stuff he shouldn't.. We were thinking maybe one of the hamsters nipped him but the hole is inside his throat.

Not sure he would like a crazy cocker just now! Jack keeps barking at him asif 'cmon what's up with you!!'.
    He suits his show coat so not sure I'd be brave enough to take it off :eek: Could put him into t trim.. It's like the show clip but shorter!

6. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Poor Blu, I am sorry to hear he is still not right. It does sound as though it might take a while to heal.

7. CheekoAndCo

He's back home and not talking to us :rolleyes: All the way home in the car he was crying so was saying to him 'Yes Blu I'm sure they treated you awful and bet you up..' :p

Slides showed it's a really bad infection. Still don't know what caused it! Possibly a bee or wasp sting but there is nothing in the abcess. They checked to make sure there was no cells for it to be a tumour and luckily it wasn't. Back in 5 days and he might need to get sedated again to get his mouth looked at.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice