Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Blow drying a long haired cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Pat Dale, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Pat Dale

Pat Dale PetForums Newbie

can anyone tell me please if you get a different end result when blow drying a long hair cat as opposed to towel drying? My cat is terrified of the hairdryer despite patient gentle training so now I only towel dry but his breeder says before a show I should dry with a hairdryer. Will his coat look very different if I towel dry and brush rather than hair dry? I'm not putting him through stress, shows are for fun and his wellbeing matters more to me. Just interested really! Thanks.

2. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Is he showing as a pet or a pedigree? If ped, then he will need to be blow dried or air dried with lots and lots and lots of brushing out as he dries. I have one who's terrified of the dryer, so I got him a large dog crate which I drape with towels. In he goes with the K9 cage dryer clipped to the door. This is a very quiet, gentle dryer, and he's happy to sleep in there for a few hours while he dries. He went from being terrified to actually putting himself in now after his bath.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice