Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bloomin Swine Flu : (

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Midnight, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

This is the latest : 840 seriously ill and 63 critical ill in the uk 100,000 new cases this week !! what do the people that have kids think about sending there kids back to school after the summer holidays think :confused: the proposition was they were to to kept off till after christmas to help stop the spread ....

FREE SPIRIT likes this.
  2. bird

bird PetForums VIP

What is the point in closing schools, any child well enough will be outside playing or in a shop etc so swine flu will still spread regardless. The thing that really gets me at the moment is this call centre treatment. Any hypo can descripe symptoms over the phone and get tamiflu when they dont need it and so someone who needs it will go without as the stocks get low :cursing:

3. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

Some teachers at my daughters school had it already. I don't think keeping them off school will make any difference. It's going round my husbands work place too.

I don't think we'll avoid it but I am praying that if we get it, we'll recover quickly.

Kori x

4. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

I don't think that keeping them off school will make much difference. My biggest worry is having Reece, he's only 2 1/2 and he goes to play school, I dread that he will get it. I have already said to other half that if one of us gets it the other should move out with Reece untill we're better, but I'm not sure if that's pointless as the chances are he'll get it anyway. I myself am not too worried about getting it, I hate flu, but I'll cope. They keep on saying it is worse for the young and that worries me

5. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

My youngest is 2. I believe there's a jab coming out soon that will be given to the under 5's. Just hope they don't it in the mean time!

6. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Yes i heard this on the Radio today :mad:

7. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

How can they say there are 100,000 cases when they aren't actually testing people now??? Yes it's very likely people with flu will have swine flu, but it's not 100% certain, is it!

alyssa_liss likes this.
  8. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

its ridiculous they saying any one who has so many symptoms has it , but how do they defonatly know without swabbing , tests etc... there was a woman on the radio that was told she had swine flu but she was later found out to have a severe kidney infection

no offence to the people that have been told you have it , im sure you know when you have defonatly got it ,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice