Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bloody messy bitch

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sid&kira, Apr 6, 2011.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

So Keyusha is in season, and she is SO bloody messy!!!

Somehow it is everywhere, not just spots on the floors, its up the damn walls!! only explination i can think of is when she shakes :rolleyes: Its managed to get on my camera, in Kiras food bowl, its all over the sofa (to be expected, they are allowed on there), its even on KIRA! Yes, she has menstruated all over my pure white girl :rolleyes:

I've trimmed some of the fur around her bits, because it was long and whispy, the bloody just collected in there and i couldnt get it out, so i trimmed it, hoping that it might make it easier for her to clean herself, but I have only seen her clean herself ONCE, the dirty cow bag :lol: Her hocks are covered in it, so i am wiping her down regularly with baby wipes lol

Just thought i'd share with you that my house is covered in puppy period :lol:

2. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Old pair of knickers, a monthly pad and a safety pin (badges work) = heaven.

Maya was messy as she liked to park her bum on the wall :lol:

Thanks for reminding me why I'm happy Maya is now Spayed :lol:

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Oh god you poor thing that sounds horrific!
    Willow was a good girl, but I did have an entire male in the house to deal with as well so that was my punishment instead!

4. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

I done the same with Millie, She was naturally very very clean but to save the sofa (This is her main sleeping spot).

She had a pair of knickers with a lady pad which were tied up above the base of her tail with a hair tie and another hair tie slightly higher up to hold them around her tummy. Really hard to explain but once we made the crazy contraption you could just slip it one her!

Haha I thought I would be the only crazy numpty who done that! :D

Millie was really good nd never tried to take them off hehe although no more of that to worry about now :)

5. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

Just had both mine in season together, they both wore pants and a pad in the evenings in the lounge and they didnt bother about their new outfits;)

6. You can get doggy period pants you know! Milly just chews em off though:eek:

7. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

Oh my goodness, I've just realised how very lucky we were when Poppy had her season. Just spots in her bed and one spot on the floor - nothing else. She did clean herself but I never saw anything other than those few spots. Seems we got off pretty lightly.

My son has Poppy's sister Lottie and she came into season a couple of days ago. Doesn't seem like too much trouble there either, but they have an older bitch who seems to like cleaning Lottie up - yuk - where is the smiley being sick when you need one :lol:.

8. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

9. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

Heh, I feel your pain :rolleyes:. My Daney girl is in season at the moment and it's going everywhere :eek:. She has actually been really, really good at cleaning herself, she's pretty much got her head permanently between her legs, but it still seems to be going everywhere. It's actually at the stage now where it's dripping out of her onto the floor :eek:!!! So yes... car seats/sofa/floor/clothes are all covered. Oh, and she sleeps on my bed :rolleyes:, it looks like there has been some ritual slaughtering going on in there!!!

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

We used the pants, got them from P@H
    Dixie was like :eek: wtf r u doin 2 me?! at first.
    But she was ok.

We put sheets on the couch also just in case but the pants were good :)

11. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Pair of boxers are good, they even come with a gap for the tail :D

Shorty is quite clean but you did find drips here and there which she couldnt help

12. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

yuk!

is she your new girl? she is stunning I want her! :laugh:

13. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Yea she is the new girl :)

No need for pants really, 1/2 the floors are tile/wood, the living room carpet is ove 20 years old and going bald anyway, bed sheets are easily washed (it doesnt bother me but grosses the OH out, so he has a sheet which he wraps round himself atm) and the sofa is leather so it just wipes off lol

I just find it amazing where it actually gets, and why she got the urge to sit on Kira, I mean, why not grey?? at least it wouldnt be so... obvious! :lol:

14. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

only had boy dogs before...! girl cats dont bleed...just scream! But I still think id prefer that! :laugh:

15. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I'm glad I'm not the only one who raids the boxer draw off the males that live in the house. Button wears a pair off boxers when she is in season they are a bit too big for the whippets though but they are spotlessly clean:D:D

16. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

Coco is a messy girl and is quite happy to shake it off where ever she is, she doesn't mind splashing all up the walls, furniture and anywhere else that takes her fancy. She doesn't even bother keeping clean, she'll shove her butt against anything and anyone :eek:

Her daughter on the other hand is totally different, she keeps herself very very clean and if I didn't dab her with a tissue, I'd not even know she was having a season. :)

17. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I feel your pain. McKenzie started bleeding last night and now it is all over my white duvet! She doesn't usually sleep on my bed, so she'll be back on the floor tonight!

She hasn't got mess anywhere else yet so I'm hoping since she's a small dog she'll not make too much mess! Otherwise I think I'll by going into mothercare and buying some little pants!

18. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

My brother's father in law did this, with an old pair of French knickers (on a foster Great Dane). He was pretty pleased with how much easier it made life until he went out in the garden one day to chat to a neighbour and was followed by a giant dog wearing silky undercrackers. The neighbour looked startled, and all he could think to say was "It's ok, they're my wife's".
    :lol:

Starlite likes this.
  19. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

Holls is messy, but she wears kids boxers with a pad in it :p

20. holly2009

holly2009 Guest

I know you said you've trimmed it :cool: .....I think that may add to the splatting / mess..... if it has something to drip down your more likely to get spotting 'possibly' :D let her go aunatural for her next & see if it makes a difference! :eek:
    Holly our cocker has only had one season so far & it was ok....mainly the odd spot on the floor & the conservatory sofa which is leather (phew) I found that even a bit icky....imagine we walked about like that gads!!!!!:blink:
    I've seen a few people putting pants & baby grows on in season bitches but I find that even a bit icky ha ha!

Hope it doesn't go on to long for you! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice