Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bloody kids!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by srhdufe, Aug 18, 2009.

1. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I took Oscar for a walk earlier and these kids asked if they could storke him.. I said no because he doesnt really like kids...
    He was off lead but stood next to me...
    One of the kids pulled his tail and he turned round and gave him a really nasty growl, showing his teeth...

The kid said he was going to tell his mum and ran off...
    When we were coming off the field, the kid was there with his mum...
    She started shouting at me and was going to hit Oscar with a stick! :cursing:

Like i'd let her do that!!! :mad:
    I let Oscar off he lead and told him to go home, which he hapily did... (i made sure there was no traffic)

She never managed to get him, neither did the kids...

She says she is going to report me and try and get him put down :eek:hmy: :cursing:

What can i do?
    I sooooo want to kick the crap out of her and that F*****g kid!
    I know i cant though :(

dipdog likes this.
  2. kelseye

kelseye Banned

if that was me i would av kicked the s**t out of her and i would of booted her son right up the arse.

:)

3. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Omg, what ignorant Bas*ards!!!!!!! :cursing: How old was the kid? I bet the kid just told his mum that the dog tried to bite him, but ylou didnt stop the dog or something, but still, that doesnt make her right to try and hit your dog with a stick!!! Bloody B!TCH!

4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

They cant prove anything because the child didnt get bitten..So i doubt they will do anything..Just giving it the mouth..You warned them about the dog..and they still had to pull its tail..So imo its there fault, they wouldnt have a leg to stand on if they went ahead and reported you! ;)

5. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

He was about 8 or 9

6. Baby Bordie

Kids dont know that NO, Means NO!!

7. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Even so, they had no right to pull his tail...
    It wasn't a little tug either... He pulled it really hard... :mad:

8. Baby Bordie

Poor dog, I hope that something like that doesnt happen again!

9. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

At 8/9 they should know the different..If they know they have to ask before stroking then, they should know that when you say no that means they cant stroke the dog.
    There is no excuse for it.

10. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Me too... He's always had problems with his tail..
    When he was a pup it was broken by his old owners and he's had problems with it since :(

Exactly... thats what i thought..
    If i see the kid on its own on the field i think i may have to slap it! :mad: :D

11. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

what an idiot kid :cursing:

Like others have said - the dog didn't actually bite the kid so there's no wound or anything to prove that it actually happened, just their word against yours so I doubt the police will want anything to do with it, they have better things to do.

12. Guinevere13

Guinevere13 PetForums VIP

Spoilt brat :mad: I wouldn't worry, your word against his and he wasn't bitten so they can't do anything.

13. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I would not worry about it, as you said he was not bitten you told him not to stoke your dog, so the police will not bother with this.

14. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Omg what a horrible child and mother for that matter.

The mother is almost as bad because she hasn't taught her child 2 very important lessons......

1. ALL animals should be treated with respect.

2. Never touch a strange without the owners permission.

They might not have pets themselves (i actually pray they don't) but it doesn't matter. Kids need to taught this regardless. My daughter is an angel around animals. If she wants to pat a dog (she always does!) she tells me and i go over with her to the owner and ask. If they say No for any reason i explain to Lexie and she is fine with it. I have taught her to understand not all dogs enjoy being patted, and some don't like children for all sorts of reasons.

If all parents taught their kids these simple rules, then many poor dogs would not have to be put to sleep because a strange child ran up and patted him/her.

15. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

I would be so angry if that was me. I am really sorry about what has happened, but it really sounds like you shouldn't worry as your dog didn't actually bite the kid.

16. rachel57

rachel57 PetForums Junior

i can understand your thoughts on been upset by the child pulling the dogs tail ....not nice at all, and at the mothers behavoir, but like someone else said you dont know what the child told his mother . But what i cannot comprehend is why an ADULT would 'want to kick the crap out of a f.....g kid'! Im sorry but that is way below the belt !:mad:You knew that your dog was not good with children so why knowing ,didn't you show or say to the child 'well if you stroke him like this or there' then maybe you wouldn't have such an abusive manner upon a child .As a mother myself i hate to think that there are people like you who want to hurt children .In turn i hope your dog is ok

17. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

I agree with this.

i was going to say i wouldnt worry as your dog didnt bite the child but even so to talk in such an aggresive manner really isnt very nice. :(

18. Jekka

Jekka PetForums Junior

Kids can be morons - parents even moreso. Our dog is horrendously aggressive and usually the growling and bared teeth is enough to put people off even when you've already said no to them...

One time this woman and her four year old were trying to approach our dog and didn't even ask me if it was ok. She started growling, as she always does and I warned them to back off because she might bite, but the woman kept pushing her kid to stroke her and then had a massive mare at me when Trax snapped (didn't bite the child, just snapped near him and obviously scared him). She then started yelling how I ought to keep the dog muzzled and chained up or have her destroyed. Then of course you get the "looks" from other parents in the area, assuming you tried to set your dog on a poor defenceless child... perhaps I should have done, then idiot mummy would think twice next time...

19. rachel57

rachel57 PetForums Junior

i agree some parents are very naive and stupid. they seem to think just because its on a lead and with its owner ,its not going to bite ,snap etc.. we can train our dogs but we cant ever know how predictible or even un predictable there gonna be .before we got our pup i always always asked the owner if the kids could have a QUICK stroke ,most of the time people are just fine ,but i would never take offence if the owner said no .

20. borderer

borderer Guest

i agree with that nothing they can do:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice