Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bloody dangerous driver

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lunabuma, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Lunabuma

Lunabuma Owned by two Orientals

I'm fuming :mad:!!! ......if you were stuck in traffic on the M25 this morning it may have been the scumbags fault who decided when he overshot the junction exit to just pile on through the queue going up to the slip road, into the car behind me, which then spun and smashed into me, making me shunt the car in front.

Who the plip misses their exit and just decides to chance it through a small gap?? I've missed my exit before but would never just swerve onto it anyway at the last minute. I spend a lot of time driving and see it happen all the time or people failing to queue and stop on the inside lane with an indicator on sticking out into the motorway.

So join me in ranting to make me feel better (I'm absolutely fine if but a bit stiff and sore).

2. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

At least you are OK.

There are so many divots on the roads now. You almost expect the last minute racers to cut in at every junction nowadays.

Lunabuma likes this.
  3. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

Glad you're okay.

People don't use motorways very well. Some days it seems like nobody knows how to leave adequate gaps. And it's shocking how many people don't know how to correctly use their ABS.

HarlequinCat and Lunabuma like this.
  4. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

This is why I now have a dash cam. See my youtube channel if you like, name is Isobel201

5. Lunabuma

A dash cam on a Lorry recorded the whole thing. Hopefully the cams will help deter the idiots.

The Quasqai performed like a tank, I must say. I used to be against bigger cars but since having a furless have had a change of heart.

LinznMilly likes this.
  6. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

Qashqai has excellent safety scores, but I guess these days lots of smaller cars do too! Bigger cars are only more robust up against smaller cars, if we all bought bigger ones then the size benefit would be obsolete.

Good news that the whole thing has been caught on camera though!

7. Little P

Little P PetForums VIP

There should be compulsory post-test training for motorway driving. I had further training including motorway driving, but the majority of people are just left to their own devices. The best bit about my IAM training is that I can easily see way in advance what people are going to do (or maybe that's just experience after my 50,000 miles of motorway driving a year?!) and act upon it before the other drivers have even started their manoeuvre.

HarlequinCat and MoggyBaby like this.
  8. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

For the first year or so of driving most of it was motorway. Probably why I don't understand why people are nervous of going on there. I actually prefer it to driving in the city.

MoggyBaby likes this.
  9. Little P

Little P PetForums VIP

I love motorway driving, I find it very relaxing!

MoggyBaby and Wiz201 like this.
  10. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Totally agree with all the above. Motorway lessons should be compulsory after your test. I have said this before the arguement that comes back is always "What if you don't live near one?" to which I answer "Then you are not allowed to drive on them." It could easily be a restriction on your driving license.

I also prefer driving on them - at least the traffic is all going the one way and less chance of someone running out in front of you.

HarlequinCat and Lunabuma like this.
  11. Lunabuma

Interesting, I also prefer the motorway to city driving. It's generally less stressful unless there is heavy rain.

I have a courtesy car now and was back on the same bit of road today.

Wiz201 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice