Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bloodhounds

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SophieCyde, Apr 27, 2011.

1. SophieCyde

SophieCyde PetForums VIP

Anyone have any experience with them? :)

Already looking for breeds for when I leave home (which won't be for years) and I just love them :eek:

I believe they shouldn't be off-lead unless in a secure area as their noses take over, also they obviously need very long walks which suits me fine :)

Just wanted to know first hand what they are like :p

2. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

have no experience im afraid. but i met a 12 week old pup once at a show. he was huuuuuge and utterly gorgeous!!! the guy bred them and was bringing them along to get used to the noises etc. i fell in love haha.

3. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

They're lovely dogs very laid back, gentle giants. Like you said can never go offlead except in secure areas and need a lot of exercise. What I like is so many of the show dogs also do the tracking trials. They actually warn you about having them with children not because they'll hurt the kids but that they're so laid back they might allow the child to hurt them. Very high prey drive so can't be trusted with small furries not sure about cats, shed and have a very strange smell. Not an easy breed to own but wonderful dogs.

4. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I've seen her site before they're gorgeous dogs and she does the bloodhound trials as well which is always good to see

6. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

She does some simply beautiful photos too

I often hear about her passion for her bloodhounds, well all her dogs in fact and it's wonderful to hear :D

7. SophieCyde

SophieCyde PetForums VIP

thanks very much , will have a look at that site now :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice