UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come accross this cat litter anywhere in the UK:

Health Meter Cat Litter and Detect by Nullodor USA

Also curious as I've seen people post about blood in urine and wonder how it is seen, always imagined it was bright red and very obvious however recent experience with my foot injury boy who has now injured his tail has made me realise that it is not always obvious.

I'm using wood pellets in one tray and still on torn up newspaper in another, it was only because he peed when I was stood behind him that I saw the urine stream was brown, there was no residue in the tray and I would be none the wiser had I not seen it :eek:

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Has anyone come accross this cat litter anywhere in the UK:

Health Meter Cat Litter and Detect by Nullodor USA

Also curious as I've seen people post about blood in urine and wonder how it is seen, always imagined it was bright red and very obvious however recent experience with my foot injury boy who has now injured his tail has made me realise that it is not always obvious.

I'm using wood pellets in one tray and still on torn up newspaper in another, it was only because he peed when I was stood behind him that I saw the urine stream was brown, there was no residue in the tray and I would be none the wiser had I not seen it :eek:
When I had a persian cat years ago with bladder problems who got blood in the urine I found that this did the trick catsan white cat litter you could see the blood as its white that might be an alternative

Catsan White Hygiene Cat Litter

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did think to run out and get some of the white crystals but opted for following him like a hawk for a few days, it hopefully has cleared up and was likely due to trauma according to the vet.

I'm fascinated by the Detect / Health Meter as it says it detects low/high pH, microscopic blood, protein and bilirubin, would still be useful for my boy and thinking of one of my others who has recurring cystitis, just can't seem to find it available in the UK.

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
I did think to run out and get some of the white crystals but opted for following him like a hawk for a few days, it hopefully has cleared up and was likely due to trauma according to the vet.

I'm fascinated by the Detect / Health Meter as it says it detects low/high pH, microscopic blood, protein and bilirubin, would still be useful for my boy and thinking of one of my others who has recurring cystitis, just can't seem to find it available in the UK.
I havent heard of it before, then I havent had a cat for years either, it was just that the catsan did work with detecting blood in mines urine so though I would mention it, however if you have a cat/s with re-occuring urinary tract problems and the other stuff is as good as it says deffinately a good thought and maybe solution.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Zooplus sell something called Perlinette which is said to pick up blood in urine, bilirubin and ph levels. Never tried it myself. Cat urine can look quite concentrated on occasions, but you are wise to be aware of any changes and monitor them. My girl gets cystitis and I now realizeany wetting in house, going out in the middle of the night or wanting to go out of the front door are all out of character for her and usually precede cystitis.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Tobacat, looks like the same product in a different package, same lab that developed it so think I'll give it a go.

My cystitis girl is mostly indoors so I've often seen her pee, nothing out of the ordinary never seen any pinkness or redness to it just yellowy amber colour but the boy really freaked me out, he was definatley weeing but it looked the colour of poo :( and once it settled in the tray there was no sign of any colour, just wetness on the wood pellets so makes me wonder if I might be missing something with the other cats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts