UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, my 2 week old puppy has the runs (now with a tiny bit of blood!),has been heaving and now my other puppy has been heaving! I'm so worried, sld I separte these pups? Thanx, I might take them to the vets later, x

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hiya I'm not expert, but i would get them to the vets.
I would also part them for now to stop the risk of infection getting any worse.
Also if you can mop the floors often too, When my dog was i'll at 12 week, they told me to keep moping all floors every 3 hours.

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
I would definately contact the vet, have they had anything different, come into contact with another dog etc, not something that usually happens that young :(

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would definately contact the vet, have they had anything different, come into contact with another dog etc, not something that usually happens that young :(
Hiya no shes had no contact with any other animals! I've just looked it up and it very well cld be coz shes constipated, she was straining alot this morning, but it doesn't explain the pukin! I'LL SEPARATE THEM NOW! Thanx xx (They're going to the vets this afternoon) x

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Hiya no shes had no contact with any other animals! I've just looked it up and it very well cld be coz shes constipated, she was straining alot this morning, but it doesn't explain the pukin! I'LL SEPARATE THEM NOW! Thanx xx (They're going to the vets this afternoon) x
Good luck with her keep us informed ;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good luck with her keep us informed ;)
Hiya, Panic over for now! I realised Coco (the mum) was abit sick yesterday after having to much evaporated milk, I think her milk was to rich for the smaller pups (who were sick) and the poor girl was constipated which made her bleed! I'll keep an eye on her, and will keep u posted, Thanx xx :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to let u know, I made them both poo, the ones normal, and the constipated one poo'd loads and it only had a tiny bit of blood! No more heaving! :D
I think we're safe now! Thanx xx

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Great news just watch how much evap milk you give mum - you would be better off with goats milk if you are going to give her any at all - we dont give our bitches milk, just keep them on the high quality food

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great news just watch how much evap milk you give mum - you would be better off with goats milk if you are going to give her any at all - we dont give our bitches milk, just keep them on the high quality food
Hiya, thanx I'm not giving her any more milk now! The pups are weaning next week anyway, Coco's on Eukanuba - the medium one which is recommended for lactating bitches, Thanx for ur help :) xx

·
Registered
471 Posts
one of my boys last year had blood in his poo...but it was really bad and his tummy was so bloated he couldnt drink or do the toilet. He was crying in pain everytime i handled him

it was congenital and he was pts at 5 days.

yours just sounds like he/she was constipated seeing as he/he has now passed stools...i wouldnt worry too much but like the others say would do no harm to get the vet to have a wee look at him/her.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
one of my boys last year had blood in his poo...but it was really bad and his tummy was so bloated he couldnt drink or do the toilet. He was crying in pain everytime i handled him

it was congenital and he was pts at 5 days.

yours just sounds like he/she was constipated seeing as he/he has now passed stools...i wouldnt worry too much but like the others say would do no harm to get the vet to have a wee look at him/her.
Yer swn as my oh gets bac we're going! x

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hiya guys! Sooo happy, panic ova! They said she's fine, and must of bin constipated as there's no more blood! They said If we give Coco milk only hlf a tin every other day, I'm so glad that's over, was thinking the worse this morning :D:D:D Thanx everyone xx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.