Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Blood in dog stools?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by malibu, May 13, 2010.

1. malibu

malibu Guest

I've noticed that my labrador has little bits of blood in her stools and they are runny (shes 12weeks old tomorrow) we adopted her from a rescue home and has been fine since we had her, should I be worried? she is very playful still!

2. rona

rona Guest

With a puppy that young, I would be worried and go to the vet immediately.

3. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Rona is quite right. Hopefully you will have been to the vets by now!

4. malibu

malibu Guest

My hubby has taken her, so will update when I hear anything x

5. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Hope it's good news and nothing too serious

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear about your little pup and hope by now she is back with some medicine to make her better :thumbup:

This happened to mine but she was a little bit older. I rang the vet and they told me that because I had been changing her food, that will be the cause, to put her back on the food she had been on and come back if it got any worse. Thankfully she was fine. Little minx had decided to go on hungar strike in the hope of better things and I had fallen hook, line and sinker for it :D

7. rona

rona Guest

How is she?

8. Johnderondon

Johnderondon PetForums VIP

Likely it is just colitis. 12 week olds eat the foulest stuff.:rolleyes:

Hopefully your vet has reassured you (whilst writing out the bill that will put his eldest through university) and your girl recovers quickly.

9. malibu

malibu Guest

Poppy is fine, they have put it down to change in food which has upset her stomach, find that odd though 2bh! didn't help that the vet was German so my hubby struggled to get what he was saying, they said to start using a food called Select Gold which is the best one available here (we were using pedigree)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice