Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

blood coming from teat

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by bordercolliepup, Feb 26, 2008.

1. bordercolliepup

bordercolliepup PetForums Senior

My friends dog has got blood coming out of one of her teats ,she is 9 yrs old and just off from the teat is a lump , what do you think it could be..

She has not been spayed and there is no chance she is preggers .
    She was just stoking her and felt something wet and when looked she noticed blood ,

2. bordercolliepup

bordercolliepup PetForums Senior

I told her its best to go Vets , at least we have each other for surport , Pepsi is having test down on her lump and it's just wierd that my friends dog has a lump to but I didn't like the idea of the bleeding.

Thought she could of been bitten and caused a olser , but it wouldn't come out of a teat if the lump is just off it would it ?

3. lizd4688

lizd4688 PetForums Member

thats a trip to the vet for that one.
    hope it turns out well
    liz

4. melanie

melanie PetForums Junior

My dog had a lump near her teat. and some blood come out, i took her to vets last december and she had the lump removed and tests done which were positive for cancer. The vet said he had removed it all but theres a risk it could reoccur and advised to have all her teats removed. Which is quite a big operation and expensive, she has some small lumps now and ive got to decide what to do. She will be 10 in May. In herself she seems to be well and very active. I hope all goes well for your friends dog.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice