Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Blood and mucus in poo

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Nellybelly, May 25, 2010.

1. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

My friend's dog has had a bad tummy for almost a week now. Started off with diarrhoea that had mucous and blood. The vet put it down to worms, wormed the dog. The dog recovered completely within 12 hours, and we thought no more of it. However, the dog vomited yesterday, and had bloody muscousy diarrhoea again today. The vet has now said the dog has picked up some germ from the dog park and is on antibiotics.

I was just wondering about the other possible causes there are for passing mucous and blood in stools.

2. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Normally a bout of collitis is the first thing to rule out with blood, jelly in poop. A nice light diet of boiled rice and boiled chicken for a week will probably help, as will a tube of prokolin if you can get it over there?

3. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

I was also thinking collitis, yet my friend says this havent even been mentioned to her?!?
    We don't ahve prokolin here but we have similar;)
    Thank for your reply, I've missed reading your excellent helpful posts!

4. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Aww Thankyou. What a lovely thing to say. I'm still in hospital but have bought a dongle so I can join you all :thumbup:

5. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Oh that's good at least u can keep in touch!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice