Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Blocking a telephone call

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ChinaBlue, Apr 12, 2011.

1. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

Hi

Can someone remind me how to block a call. Over the past 4 or 5 days our phone sporadically rings and it is an international number 00 44 1133223122 but no-one is on the other end. I think 33 is France but not 100% sure. It's extremely annoying - more so as we are ex-directory!

Any help would be appreciated.

Also we are hoping to test drive a car later and I seem to remember there is a mobile number you can put the reg in and get some info back - can someone advise what it is.

Cheers!:D

2. Nithnell

Nithnell PetForums Senior

HPI Check style Car Text Check

text HPI you requested

not sure about the annoying call, could you speak to your phone provider?

edit- that seems to be a uk international code, with the area code being for leeds 0113

3. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

Oh cheers for that. Never thought it would be a UK number as when I did a 1471 it came up as 00 44 11 as opposed to 0113 and when I pressed 3 to "call back" it said number not in service so all a bit suss - not to mention annoying. Probably one of these finance companies trying to flog their services or something.:(

4. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

we are getting a lot at the min, cant say ive had that one yet, these just ring upand put the phone down, had 2 yesterday

5. jenny armour

jenny armour PetForums VIP

i know 44 is uk from abroad, but 0800150

6. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

My brother had some a while back and it turned out that these people phone you and when you answer THEY get money and you get charged, so dont know if it is the same with you. the thing is you wont know it is them unless you answer, I think my brother had BT block the number.

7. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

We are getting a lot of auto dialling calls at the moment, most annoying

8. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

There is a lot of auto dial at the mo, my parents keep getting calls from abroad which i believe is one where your charged if you answer it. There is a website called
    who called me.com - or something similar which if you tap in the number it shows you who called if its registered

9. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Take care with these calls. I suspect this is an overseas company calling you.

They randomly call hundreds of numbers and have software that can detect answer machines which is why you never have any messages left on your machine from them.

You have probably registered for telephone preference which should mean that you don't get calls like these. Personally I would contact your telephone provider to highlight the problem to them - they will of course tell you there is nothing they can do but it's important that you highlight this issue as a nuisance, and if it is happening on a regular basis keep a diary note.

It's unbelievable how many scams are going on. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice