Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bloated stomach..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Varkhond, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

My dog got this heavily bloated stomach after eating and even drinking to.. Its been extreme the last 4months or so.. Can it be something that needs vet attention? She seems to be without pain or any discomfort, but i begin to get paranoid.. :confused:

Hope this is the right place. :tongue_smilie:

/ Her stomach becomes "pregnant"... So really bloated, even if its only a real small potion food or water.

#1 Varkhond, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

She gets it every time or just now? I would take her to the vet regardless but if it's just now take her straight away

3. Varkhond

Its all the time(last 4months). Oh dear vet really? What can it be wen you say that? Hope its not something bad. :cryin:

4. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

If it was just this once it could be bloat but it wouldn't be happening that often. I would just take her and get it checked over just to be safe

5. Varkhond

okay thanks..

6. Old Shep

Old Shep PetForums VIP

I just wanted to confirm what Nicky said. Get her to the vet tomorrow. You don't want to ignore something like this and if she's had it for 4 months already you really must go as soon as possible.

Let us know how you get on.

7. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Have you tried changing her diet??
    Certain foods can cause intolerance which might result in a build up of gas in her tummy. Is she ever very *ahem* gassy??;)
    Always a good idea to get the vets opinion though.

8. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Not sure how old your dog is but with some I think stomach muscles lose a bit as they age so their belly isn't as small looking as it was, like the muscle just isn't as strong to hold them up/in quite as much?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice