Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Blink food ingredients

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Antaire, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Antaire

Antaire PetForums Junior

What’s people thoughts on blink food. I see it contains Carrageenan, is this a concern or not worth worrying about.

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I would not feed a food containing carrageenan. However on a search I was unable to find anything with a complete list of ingredients including the fillers. What I saw actually makes the food look pretty good. How do you know they contain carrageenan?

https://www.blinkcats.co.uk/products

Antaire likes this.
  3. Antaire

Antaire PetForums Junior

I saw a post on here, about 30 pages back. The poster said Blink will be looking at removing it in the future. I looked at a free trial and thought I would enquire.

the reply

Thanks for getting in touch and for your interest in Blink!

Our recipes do contain a small amount of Kappa Carrageenan (a variety of Seaweed). There are no thickeners like Cassia or Tapioca in them.

Don’t worry, Blink is a complete cat food, so there are certain amounts of vitamins, minerals & nutrients that our pouches must contain .

We can confirm that all vitamins, minerals and nutrients within our food is regulated by the European Pet Food Regulatory Body FEDIAF and have the correct amounts to be classed as a complete meal.

4. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

That's a recent reply? So they use carrageenan but don't put it on the label? Such lack of transparency would keep me away from feeding that food even if I didn't know what I know about carrageenan. And what I know is it's as bad as, if not worse than, cassia or tapioca. Highly inflammatory in the intestines. I would not feed a product that contains it.

Antaire likes this.
  5. Antaire

Antaire PetForums Junior

Yes they replied today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice