Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Blind Chicken

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by Pampereddog, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Pampereddog

Pampereddog PetForums Junior

Hello . I don't have chickens myself but I have heard of this chicken that is blind and walkes alongside a wall all day for guidance, I have been informed that the person who owns this chicken would let me have her if I asked them, since hearing of the chicken I can't get her out of my mind, what should I do if anything? I have taken in a single chicken before that was bullied and she was lovely once she new we were no threat and she came in to the kitchen every afternoon for some warm milky porage and she got on well with my 3 dogs who were taught from pups you don't kill and eat the family, if I did take in tthe chicken any advise would be appreciated as she is going to be very frightened please help! Thank you.

2. Beth78

Beth78 PetForums VIP

Does she not get on with her current hen friends?
    They are social animals so should really be with other hens.
    If however you do give her a home I would gradually increase the distance she can free range so she gets to know the garden and doesn't get overwhelmed.
    Also give her a few days to quietly settle in before you introduce the dogs.
    Good luck :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice