Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bless you Basil!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Mama Sass, May 29, 2010.

1. Mama Sass

Mama Sass PetForums Senior

Went on a new walk with Basil yesterday...we were out for about an hour in total and we saw: a field full of shire horses and their foals, several rabbits, some ponies with their foals, sheep, pigs, ducks, yet more horses and a heron (yes, really, a heron!).

We had such a great time and I can honestly say that if we hadn't got Basil I would never have explored my local area in the way that I have in the past few months. My daughter and I went on the same walk today and she even went for a paddle in the river and neither of us minded when it poured with rain!

My husband works from home and previous to getting Basil he would spend all day in his office and not even stop for lunch. Now, at lunchtime, Basil comes to remind him that he needs a walk!! Hubby feels that his health and well being have improved immensely just because he gets out of the house in the fresh air for 45 mins with Basil every day.

My son, who HATED walking anywhere before we got Basil, actually asks to come with me when I go on a long walk now and it is such a joy seeing him run around the fields with Basil.

It hasn't all been plain sailing and there have been difficult moments ( like when Basil weed all over the remote control for the TV, and when he jumped on my nan's head!), but having a dog has done so much for all of us that I honestly do not know what we did without him.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but I just wanted to share this with you...and also to thank every one who gave us advice and encouragement when we needed it; it was very gratefully received and has helped us along the way tremendously.

:)

GillyR, MerlinsMum and Fleur like this.
  2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

What a lovely post. :thumbup:
    it's amazing how these furry 4 legged animals enhance our lives :)
    They give us so much for so little in return really.

3. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

That really is a lovely post:)

4. Polimba

Polimba PetForums VIP

Awww that's lovely.

I can't believe how many new people I've met since we've had Zimba, people at training and our walking, it's been great.

I'm also feeling the health benefits. I had a very serious hip injury 18 months ago and the walking has really helped build up my bone density :thumbup:

5. PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth

PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth PetForums Member

Thats wonderful, way to go Basil :)

6. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

What a lovely post! You sound like you have really taken to dog owning in a fab way. Lovely that Basil has become such a valued member of the family.

Well done Basil on bringing your human family out into the open countryside!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

7. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Amazing !!! we are lucky to see them for the wonderful souls they are :thumbup:

8. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

i think its time we saw more pics of Basil Pupski. its been what 6 months now?

9. Mama Sass

Mama Sass PetForums Senior

Yep, he's six months now and he is all grown up...well almost!

Will post pics as soon as I can, he just moves too quickly..it's a nightmare getting him to stay still for a moment!

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments - I was worried about sounding too sentimental but he has made such an enormous difference to our lives I felt I had to share it!!

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice