Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Blepharitis in Chihuahua.

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by JenniferR, Jul 18, 2019.

1. JenniferR

JenniferR PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone, am new here. I have a ten year old Chihuahua who suddenly got a small bump on her eyelid, which rapidly puffed up and spread to both eyes. They were a mess. She was on one course of antibiotics and Prednisone which did not clear it up. A second course did clear it completely and she was fine for a few weeks. Now it is back. Maggie is going to the vet on Monday, but I have been told that there are many reasons for this and it will be difficult to diagnose. I am desperately hoping that she will not be on Prednisone for the rest of her life, it is hard on the body and she has elevated liver enzymes as it is. I would appreciate knowing if anyone has had this problem with their dog, and maybe what to look forward to in the treatment.

2. Jessica.rose

Jessica.rose PetForums Newbie

Hi I know this is an old post but my 18 week old puppy has exactly what you have just described here. He started with a small lump and now his eyes are a complete mess and he’s on all sorts of medication. Did your chihuahua ever recover?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice