Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bleeding!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by martmart, Feb 5, 2012.

1. martmart

martmart PetForums Member

The staffy X I found abandoned a couple of weeks ago... I do know from advice from the pdsa that she is in season. Over the past week, I've noticed the odd patch of what looked to be dry blood where she lies. It was one of those "things u want to know but afraid to ask" type of questions in my mind in that, is it normal for a bitch to bleed during when she is in season.

I have since found the answer to be "yes, a bit of blood is normal" but what Im worried about is, its not just a bit of blood, its all over my duvet...spots of blood everywhere, spots all over my settee... where ever she lies there are spots blood... Imm sick of cleaning it up..and I now have to wash my duvet.. or atleast give it her as a permanent bed or something...now the question is...is this amount of blood normal or is it something I should be concerned about?

I WILL be taking her to be checked out tomorrow anyway to get more advice but for now, I just want my mind eased abit.

Thanks in advance.

2. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

Sounds pretty normal.

3. Angel pedigrees

Angel pedigrees PetForums Member

That is perfectly normal, some bleed more than others and also some do a wonderful job of keeping themselves clean too.

I really wouldnt worry as she sounds normal to me, our Bulldog flooded our house when she was in season, it looked like a blood bath :crying:

4. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

i think the amount of blood will differ for each dog, and depend highly on how clean they keep themselves. perhaps she hasnt been cleaning herself hence so much blood.

there are doggy pants you can get to try keep your home clean might be worth trying to find some or you can get a normal pair of pants and cut a hole out for the tail, and pop a sanitary towel in it. or ofc you couold try a nappy with a tail hole cut in it.

5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Some are a lot worse then others and seem to bleed in larger amounts, so it could well be just a normal season for her. You can get Hygine pants for dogs in season. Mikki make them, here is one plae you can get them on the Net.
    pets at home or good pet shops may do them otherwise but you would need to check
    Google

Once she has had her season, it will stop and then if you wait for 12 weeks and get her spayed you will not have it anymore ever. I notice you say you are taking her for a check up anyway, and as she is a stray with unknown history it may not be a bad idea to get her a full check up in general anyway, just in case there is anything amiss, although it does sound pretty normal or as far as she goes normal for her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice