Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

bleeding

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by greatdanes, Apr 10, 2011.

1. greatdanes

greatdanes PetForums Member

I noticed demi started bleeding from her bits tonight,
    she was speyed 12 days ago,
    has anyone else experienced this

2. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

No, although limited experience of spayed bitches here, perhaps ask for this to be posted in the breeding section and hopefully you will get more experienced advce. Also, expand on the 'bleeding' bit, and I guess by bits, you mean vulva, is it swollen at all as it would be during a season???

3. greatdanes

greatdanes PetForums Member

ok, ill put this in breeding bit
    yes i mean the vulva and no its not swollen

4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Both times I have had two females spayed I dont remember any bleeding at all. Is it bright red blood she is loosing? That can indicate that its a new bleed
    and fresh blood. Seems odd its started 12 days in. Might be an idea and just ring the vets out of hours number just to see what they think. Mine are usually pretty good and will tell you whether they think it is an immediate concern or not.

5. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Don't forget to put if/when she would have been due in season; also, have you been in touch with your vets at all? Fingers crossed she's ok, they do and half like to worry us!!

6. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

I've spayed a lot of rescue bitches and this is NOT normal. I've never had one bleed after surgery, so would be very concerned. If she were in my care I'd pick up telephone and call vet for advice immediately.

Your vet will offer 24 hour cover, so there will be someone to have a quick word with, then you can take if from there. Hope all is okay :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice