Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bleeding paw

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by AOTN1984, Oct 9, 2013.

1. AOTN1984

AOTN1984 PetForums Junior

Tess has cut her back paw today - not badly, but enough to leave a few specks of blood on the carpet. I have inspected it - very small cut/scratch almost between her 'toes'. I am going to bath it in warm water once she has calmed down enough to stop bouncing off the walls!

Anything else I should be doing? I feel like a paranoid parent!

Em

2. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Bathe it in warm salt water and keep her as still as you possibly can.

3. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

As SLB says.....And stop worrying.

4. AOTN1984

AOTN1984 PetForums Junior

Thanks both. I know I am over-reacting! Managed to bath it about half an hour ago. Now it's clean it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as it did originally. I will stop worrying now and go try and calm the beast down - she is currently on zoomie mode and all I can hear is my husband pleading with her to calm down!

5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

If its literally a couple of specks and its stopped or nearly stopped bleeding now I wouldn't panic. Best thing is to bathe it in cooled boiled water with salt in it. 1 teaspoon to a litre, 1/2 teaspoon to a pint.

When you have bathed it it might bleed a bit again but don't worry, keep her off it as much as you can and let the bleeding stop and give it a chance to start to granulate.

6. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

If she's having a 'Zoomie' there cant be too much wrong. Relax. Pour yourself a drink.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice