Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bleeding - is this normal?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by KatieW92, Jun 7, 2010.

1. KatieW92

KatieW92 PetForums Junior

Hiya. My cat is now 62 days pregnant and has started to bleed this morning. It's quite light but I'm not sure if this is normal?? She lost her "plug" last night (I think- it looked like bloody flesh) and is showing no signs of labour, apart from being very restless. Just a bit worried about the bleeding, but hoping it means that labour is soon.

2. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

a light pinky to light red blood tinged discharge is normal in the run up to labour ( i'm betting on tonight being the night.... but it can go on for a few days)

Bright red fresh blood, lots of blood or a greeny/yellow discharge are NOT normal and require a vet asap!

dharma66 likes this.
  3. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Oh yes!! Deffo babies later today. Poppy started this at 11.10am and had her first at 4.08pm and her 2nd at 8.18pm. :thumbup:

4. KatieW92

Great! Yeah, I'd say it's a discharge with blood in it, rather than it being actual blood. Getting excited now!! Crystal's so clingy too, I can't even leave the room without her waddling after me!

5. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

grab a box for her, a book and a flask of coffee... then settle down for hte rest of the day. She could be waiting for you to sit for some length of time in order to give birth.

IVe known fosters of mine wait until i come home of an evening (one who waited until i got back from an unexpected overnight trip) and the minute i sat down to relax they all started labour.

Soem girls just want their mum with them, and the more you roam about the house, the longer you will have to wait!

6. KatieW92

She's got a box in my wardrobe and in a cupboard downstairs (her 2 favourite places and where she has been nesting). Her last litter had complications so keeping my fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. Will update you as it happens! x

7. bwolf

bwolf PetForums Newbie

let us know how it goes fingers crossed x

8. melly-b21

melly-b21 PetForums Junior

Hope all goes well and that you have some kitties soon.xx:)

9. KatieW92

Still no kittens! The discharge seems to have gotten lighter too. I hate playing the waiting game! x

10. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

At least you have "a sign"! :D

I agree though the waiting is terrible.

11. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

The waiting is just the most stressful thing ever, but so worth it in the end hope all goes well for you & yours, will be watching for the birth announcement:):)

Mo xxxx

12. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

keep us posted, good luck.:)

13. Honeybunch

Honeybunch PetForums Member

Good luck I can imagine how you feeling I still have 13 days to wait!:lol: Will keep checking for any news x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice