Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bleeding Hamster

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by emilyclrke, Mar 6, 2017.

1. emilyclrke

emilyclrke PetForums Newbie

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me any idea about what's going on with my hamster currently, I can try and give the best description and symptoms possible - I know most people will suggest seeing a vet but that's not an option due to current financial situation.

So over the past couple of days I've noticed a lot of blood spotted around her cage, it's been coming from her back passage, I've noticed blood in areas where she usually urinates, blood on wood shavings, and basically anywhere else she's been walking around. I don't know whether to wait it out or have her put down, she doesn't seem like she's in pain and is her usual self but I want what's best for her at the end of the day.

She's coming up to her 2nd birthday

Attached Files:

2. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

This could be a urine infection, or pyometra. She needs to see a vet tomorrow. There's no way round it I'm afraid. See if someone can lend you the money?

StormyThai and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Vet tomorrow.

Creating a Poll on whether to pts an animal is rather odd :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice