Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bleeding from 'lady bits' on my kitten, advice please!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Poppyrog, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Poppyrog

Poppyrog PetForums Newbie

Hi,

Me again!! It's seems like there is nothing but problems with the kitten at the moment.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone can offer some advice.

I noticed this afternoon when I got home that there were spots of bright red blood all over the floor, about 10 drops or so. After much investigation I found out that it was coming from my 7 month old kitten. She was neutered a week last Thursday and her wound has healed very well and had to have an antibiotic injection 3 days after as she had stopped eating.

The blood appears to be coming from her vagina (assume cats have the same termanology?!?) I phoned the vet straight away and took her down, typically it had stopped by the time we got there and they couldn't find anything wrong. They suspect that it could be cystitis, the late stages. Nothing has been prescribed for her as they said to give it a day or two and if still happening they will give her some.

Just wondered if anyone could shed some light on cat cystitis and what symptoms to look out for or if anyone else has had the same thing? She has been drinking more than normal and going to the toilet fine, doesn't seem to be any pain and it has jsut started again.....

Thanks in advance.

xx

2. may

may PetForums VIP

It sounds like cystitis to me,
    poor girl that isn't nice :( she should drink plenty to flush her!
    I would ask your vet for something if it carries on though :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice