UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Lola has had terrible bouts of diarrhoea but after 24hours starved and just over 24hours on a white fish diet and her poos are normal again, so this suggests a dietary problem. It certainly looks like it doesn't it? The test will come when I gradually move her onto a bland cat food.
Now about bland cat food - I need something in chunks really as we haven't had any luck with pate type foods in the past. I'd also prefer something that isn't in pouches, as it would cost a lot. Is there a reasonable bland type food that isn't pate? They were on Bozita so a similar cost to that would be ideal. I also would like something that sustainable that they won't get bored of, perhaps a few flavours.
I don't ask for much do I? ;) Anyone suggest anything?

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
Very relieved to hear Lola is better, and that it was, as I suspected, a dietary issue.:)

Personally I would move her onto a normal diet in stages, but that is just me, I prefer to go 'softly, softly' where bowel problems are concerned, as I feel the bowel has to be treated with great respect (and humoured) when there have been problems. So, as I say, if it were me, I would move her to something like RC Sensitivity Control pouches for a week or so.

After that, as she is not keen on pates, I would try her on something like
Miamor Ragout Royale (chunks) in gravy, from Zooplus, which is very popular with 2 of my cats.

I also give one of my cats Miamor "Sensitive" as one of his foods. It is his favourite! :)

One of mine who has severe skin problems, loves the Animonda Exotic pouches (buffalo, ostrich or kangaroo) and seems fine on them. The advantage is they are meats he has not eaten before so is less likely to react badly to them. They are also available from ZP.

One food I would avoid as Lola has a sensitive bowel is Natures Menu pouches. It gave my IBD cat the most dreadful diarrhoea. :(

CatzFineFood is a very good wet food, it's available from Floyds Pfotenshop and other German websites but not from ZP (yet).

At the end of the day it is trial and error as to what will suit her:) It is best if possible to have several foods she can tolerate and then feed them in rotation, so there is less chance of her bowel reacting badly to them from over-exposure as it were.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fab advice as usual :) thank you. Ill take a look at the ones you have suggested tomorrow and put an order in. I'm in no rush to switch her straight over as she managed a couple of mouthfuls of the boys Bozita tea when my back was turned and this resulted in terrible wind and a strange poo that was formed and runny! Perhaps another few days on the fish won't hurt whilst I'm figuring out what to introduce.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Our older kitten had food issues resulting in runny poo so I feel your pain!

I'd reintroduce normal food slowly, mixing with bland at first, and see how she gets on.

Is the Bozita tin or tetra pack? Some cats don't get on with the tetra so I've heard. Try a grain free like Grau and see if grains are the problem?

Good luck and maybe try fish/chicken for a few more days if she's still sensitive. :D

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Our older kitten had food issues resulting in runny poo so I feel your pain!

I'd reintroduce normal food slowly, mixing with bland at first, and see how she gets on.

Is the Bozita tin or tetra pack? Some cats don't get on with the tetra so I've heard. Try a grain free like Grau and see if grains are the problem?

Good luck and maybe try fish/chicken for a few more days if she's still sensitive. :D
Totally with you on the Bozita.

However, I wouldn't rule out the Grau with wholegrain variety as something else to try. Given that Bozita doesn't have any grains and - therefore whatever is happening now isn't related to grains - I would say go for the Grau with grains as these are single source proteins. Errm, just having reread the op, Grau is a no-go then as it is a pate. What I would say though is that you don't need a "bland" food, just one that doesn't contain whatever it is that is triggering your cat currently that is in the Bozita.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.