UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Black spots above eyes near ear

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Michelet4987 
#1 ·
I noticed that Fluffy started to have these spots om the left side of his forehead in April, and recently I saw them grew bigger and they appeared on both sides so I started to worry. Took him to the vet and the vet suggested they are very likely just pigmentation due to sun bath, which he enjoyed a lot lately, or it might be due to a tumor, and a biopsy will be needed to diagnose that. The vet asked me to observe them and see if they grow bigger or if Fluffy has any other symptoms. The spots seem to be a little bit darker since then. Anyone has any similar experiences before, and would you think a biopsy will be needed? Thank you!
Cat Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Felidae Grey
Felidae Mammal Gesture Finger Carnivore
Cat Gesture Finger Whiskers Felidae
Cat Carnivore Felidae Ear Dog breed
Cat Felidae Carnivore Whiskers Small to medium-sized cats

See less See more
#2 ·
Have a look inside Fluffy's mouth. Many black cats have pigmentation spots and you will know that any in his mouth are not caused by the sun. I am afraid it would not entirely rule out the possibility of something sinister but it might put your mind at rest.

#5 ·
This is Darkness my oriental black girl. The second pic is of the skin below her ear, the same place as Fluffy. Sorry it is blurred but it was hard to hold the camera and part her fur. It was unfortunately impossible to hold her mouth open and take a pic at the same time.
Cat Organ Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats

Cloud Grey Tints and shades Wood Meteorological phenomenon

#6 ·
This is Darkness my oriental black girl. The second pic is of the skin below her ear, the same place as Fluffy. Sorry it is blurred but it was hard to hold the camera and part her fur. It was unfortunately impossible to hold her mouth open and take a pic at the same time.
View attachment 315387
View attachment 315388
Thank you for posting the pictures! Do you know if her black spots relate to any disease or they are just normal?

#8 ·
My first Oriental black girl was great great great grandma and she had the same pigmented skin with no problems whatsoever. Darkness is 10 years old. If you shave a dark coloured cat you can often see its underlying tabby pattern on the skin. I cannot comment on the cause of Fluffy's black spots but pigmented skin in black cats is very common. I expect his white patches have completely clear skin but white ears etc are far more prone to sun damage than black areas.
Thank you QOTN! Your information are helpful! Fluffy has been behaving normally so I think the black spots are not related any issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.