Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Black poop!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Spudulicious, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Spudulicious

Spudulicious PetForums Junior

Hi. Yesterday we noticed that our dog's poop had gone black. Texture is normal. I'm aware that this could be an upper GI tract bleed and I will be phoning the vet first thing tomorrow morning for an appointment. He is eating ok and seems fine in himself. He gets naturo dog food and some dried tripe sticks in the evening as his evening treat. I'm obviously really concerned but just wondered if anyone has has this issue and what it turned out to be. Thanks.

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

With blood in it, the poo tends towards being a bit more like tar in texture.
    You're doing right in getting an urgent vet appointment, but in the meantime I'd be careful not to allow your dog to do anything that might exacerbate internal bleeding; no bouncing around. Check his gums to see that they aren't pale. If they are, get an emergency appointment for today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice