Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Black Pitbull Amazing

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Rebeka4, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Rebeka4

Rebeka4 PetForums Newbie

What do you think? Are you thrilled as I am?

2. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

No! and as they are banned in the UK why would I?

3. Abby Cox

Abby Cox PetForums Member

Absolutely stunning so sad that it is banned here :(

Rebeka4 likes this.
  4. Chatcat

Chatcat PetForums Senior

Not sure of the point of this thread.....

Are you being sarcastic or do you actually think chopping off a dog's ears looks nice?

adamantis, Torin., Happy Paws and 6 others like this.
  5. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

@Rebeka4, if you think anyone's going to like seeing a dog with cropped ears, you're in the wrong forum (and country - it's banned here as cruel, and has been for years).

6. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

I think some would question whether they are proper pitbulls what with the XXL label. They are very handsome dogs though I've got to admit. Not a fan of the ugly crop and how they're clearly presented in the video as a tool of intimidation. Are they your dogs?

MontyMaude and Jamesgoeswalkies like this.
  7. Jamesgoeswalkies

Jamesgoeswalkies PetForums VIP

I would agree.

And for me, mutilation is never beautiful. It's always such a shame to see what man will do for cosmetic purposes.

I like the way muscular dogs move though.

J

8. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Beautiful animal but such a shame to produce a dog like that.

kimthecat likes this.
  9. danielled

danielled Guest

Your on the wrong forum. Ear cropping is banned, I can tell you something else that is banned too, sadly pitbulls are banned.

kimthecat likes this.
  10. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Is it April the first today ?
    How can you do that and say you love dogs :mad:

11. Rebeka4

Rebeka4 PetForums Newbie

Ok guys, everything that you said is true. I just wanna share this black Pitbull, have never seen this edition before. When we speaking about XXL, that is as I understand name of kennel.

12. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

XXL is the type of Pitbull that's being bred, not the name of the kennel. The most famous XXL Pitbull is "The Hulk"!

XXL Pitbulls are usually bought by "macho" guys for status symbols! They also have more money than sense as the dogs cost tens of thousands of US dollars

https://www.pocketpitbull.com/xxl-pitbulls/

[​IMG]

Rebeka4 likes this.
  13. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

the dog in the video is Prague who is supposedly an American bully, which is a recently constructed breed that was originally bred to be a companion, so not as drivey as the original APBT & bred in 4 different sizes.

Unfortunately a lot of them are utter train wrecks conformationally- bow legged, sway backed, inbred & running to fat.

As for the Hulk, he's regarded as a joke in the US dog community & especially APBT purists as he is little more than a very fat mutt with assorted bull breeds & mastiff in his recent ancestry, whose breeder saw a lucrative marketing opportunity.

14. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Lovely shiny coat but the poor dogs been mutilated so its actually a really sad clip.:(
    On this forum we respond better to videos of pitbulls looking cute and giving or receiving huggles!:D

LinznMilly likes this.
  15. Peggypegs

Peggypegs PetForums Member

I’ve seen an almost identical bitch on the internet that is often mistakenly labelled as Prague as she has the same colouring but is in fact a Presa Carnario.
    Goes to show how pointless BSL is when you can get dogs of different breeds that look so similar but only one is often on the banned breed (Am bully) list and then have them both being called a breed they aren’t that is half the size (APBT).

16. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Am bullies aren't banned in the UK. Although their similarity to APBT worries me for the possibility of them getting seized under the DDA as being of 'type'.

17. Rott lover

Rott lover once you go black and tan you never come back

I was going to say the same as I am from the USA. These dogs are nothing more than a joke and an absolute train wreck. disgusting......

lorilu, simplysardonic and Magyarmum like this.
  18. Rott lover

Rott lover once you go black and tan you never come back

For those having issues with the cropped ears and tails remember that just because it is banned in some areas that you are looked down upon in others for not doing it. Just like us for the Rottweiler's and Dobermans. You are looked down upon for not cropping the ears and tails and dew claws. I am not saying it is right or even that it should be done but that is the customary thing to do here.

19. Peggypegs

Peggypegs PetForums Member

@simplysardonic
    Sorry for saying they were banned, thought they had already just lumped together with Am staffs and APBT under the ‘pit bull’ label by the uk laws. Do hope any that are already in the country don’t fall foul of the rubbish BSL we have.

I think my wording of my post got a bit confused as I was trying to say the American bullies getting confused with APBTs which are on many country’s/cities banned list won’t have something more exotic like a Presa on the list yet they look so similar. Showing how pointless an asthetic based ban is, when control orders for individual out of control dogs should happen.

simplysardonic likes this.
  20. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

It's very easily done to be fair, they do have a lot of similarities & there are a lot of offshoot 'breeds' & bull breed mixes out there, it does get confusing.

kimthecat and Peggypegs like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice