Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bl**dy Southern Water

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Aug 9, 2012.

1. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Don't know how many of you remember this, it happened just 2 days after mum died.

http://www.petforums.co.uk/general-chat/140687-cant-take-much-more.html

I am still trying to get the ruddy water company to admit they made a mistake :mad:

They are now saying that if I want a meter fitted I'll have to tell them my private living arrangements :mad: :mad: :mad:

They haven't even admitted they made a mistake :mad2: :mad2:

Last I heard I was rather a silly woman because, of course, I have a meter (they've been charging me on it) and they are sending someone to read it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

That was 18 months ago how have you been paying for your water since then? if they connected it up wrong did they come out and put the meter right:confused1:

3. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

No consulation but looks like your not alone Rona
    Southern Water complaints down - but still among most in country (From Daily Echo)

If you have gone thourgh all the southern water internal complaints procedures and are getting nowhere have you tried these?
    London and South East homepage : Consumer Council for Water

4. rona

Oh no, I couldn't go through their complaints procedure because they refused to allow me access to anyone higher than a pleb even though I asked to speak to a supervisor.
    Contacted the consumer council, they may as well be made of ruddy water.
    Got an email from them that said "we have contacted Southern water on your behalf and they have now sent you an email. We will no longer be dealing with this case as you can now communicate directly with SW" :rolleyes:

5. rona

Nope.

I've been paying all the time because you can bet your life that they would cut me off at the drop of a hat :(

They also keep wanting me to phone them, this leaves me with no real proof of what they've said. I've been insulted, called a liar and scoffed at :mad:

I've now told them I will only have contact via email, and it would be to their advantage to give me a direct email address. Also said I want compensation for all the calls to them because of their error.
    Won't get that.
    They'd be admitting the mistake then!!!!

6. Sled dog hotel

Sorry Rona was a thought they sound about as much use as a chocolate fire guard, I feel your pain, trying to get anything customer services related though seems to be a nightmare, Im sure if half the customer services people developed a brain cell it could die of loneliness or the ones I seem to speak too anyway.

7. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Make a post on Twitter saying how cr*p they are being.
    Friends did this with UPS and within 1/2 an hour someone had contacted them and resoved their issue that ay.
    All big companies have staff employed to monitor Twitter and respond to complaints.

8. metame

metame PetForums VIP

i still cant believe its not sorted. It's ridiculous.

9. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Hiya, havent read your prevoius thread, and i do apologise, not sure where "southern water" is but i know in wales we have a programme called 'the ferret' which basically takes cases on, and on behalf of 'the consumer' have you got anything similar where you are xxx

#9 welshjet, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  10. metame

metame PetForums VIP

call watchdog! :D

11. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I too was going to suggest this, call watchdog or rouge traders and tell them exactly what you have been through and get them on the case, also call your local newspaper and see if they will do a name and shame on them too.

12. rona

Almost 2 years to the day that I was supposed to have a water meter fitted, it's actually being done right now. :thumbup:

The fact that they made an arrangement with me to come between 3-5pm doesn't seem to be of any concern to them :rolleyes: :mad:

Luckily I was in because the men that came didn't have a clue which stand pipe they were supposed to do :rolleyes:

Will wait with bated breath about how they are now going to start charging me :confused:

13. Sled dog hotel

Finally!!! Speed isnt obviously of the essence with them is it?:rolleyes:

14. rona

They've left a customer satisfaction card :lol::lol::lol:

I wonder what I'll put on that!!:laugh:

15. Sled dog hotel

I had the same sort of thing a few years ago, the local water company were in the area doing leak checks and it was found that I had one, they offered a free repair, gave me the forms to fill in which I did and sent off to arrange the repair (was no sign of a leak so apart from them finding it didnt even know it existed).

Several months later I had someone knock at the door, giving me a caution I had been advised of a leak and it hadnt been fixed and did I know etc etc.
    On checking they had got my paper work and had not acted on it, so finally it was fixed although that took several more weeks.

So looks like none of them exactly work to the time is of the essence rule.

16. rona

Had first bill not so long ago (March)......guess what?

It was so high you'd think we were a family of 10 not 2 :rolleyes:

Went out to check the reading and found they had read the meter that's not mine :rolleyes: Well what could I expect.

Since then I've had 3 men out to check which meter is mine, and my reading is actually higher than the meter that was put in over a year ago :yikes::yikes:

Told all the little men that came out that there must be a leak, but it obvious didn't get back to anyone that could sort it out.

In the mean time, I went away camping for one night and read the meter before we went and on our return. At least one whole cubic meter of water is going somewhere that isn't through my system :cursing:

Rang to complain about the high bill about a month ago and they said they'd send a guy to check.......WELL...........

He came today (very very pleasant guy) he had to first check that the meter that had been marked by the last southern water guy as mine was actually mine :lol: You couldn't make it up :rolleyes:

Turns the internal stop tap off and sees that the meter is still running..........he can't do anything though......got to be reported back to the office and then another guy comes out to fix it......god know when.........
    wonder if they will fix the right one :huh:

#16 rona, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  17. Sled dog hotel

FGS cant believe its still going on and still no end in sight, they really are beyond a Joke. You could fill up a whole series of watchdog with this saga.

Actually that may not be such a bad idea perhaps.

18. rona

It's far enough away from losing mum not to stress me like it did when it started the day after she died.
    I can actually laugh at it now. I know I'll get my money back ;)

19. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

I think you are going to see something amazing soon Rona...if you keep your eyes peeled at the windows, you will see a pig fly :skep:

20. rona

This little saga went on until 2015..........nearly 5 years.
    Thought it was done and dusted...........until they started sending me emails and text about not using too much water. :mad: They know full well it's not me that's using the ruddy water, they only have to look at my bills :rolleyes: You can't increase the number of houses in an area by about 20% and not expect the water usage to go up!

Are they allowed to keep my details like this without my permission?
    I only gave them to sort the problem out, not to be put on some database.

I've emailed,with info of why they were given access to my private details and asked them to delete them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice