UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I thought I'd sign up because I've spent all day reading about and looking at pictures of cats, as last night I had to lay my best friend in the whole world to rest at just 4 years old :(

I'll post a few pictures in the relevant section. Still very raw. I don't do grief well at the best of times but I'm seriously struggling with this. It feels stupid because he's just a cat but... I don't expect anyone to understand.

Anyway...sorry it's a bit morbid. My real name is actually Chris.

so... hi!

·
Registered
14,997 Posts
Hi Chris - welcome to PF - so sorry to hear about your cat passing away :(:( hopefully joining here will help you come to terms with losing your friend - and believe me people will understand what you are going through - our pets are part of the family after all so when we lose them it hurts ...look forward to seeing some pics and seeing you around the forum :)x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Suzy. I'll pick some good pictures. He was the most handsome boy I've ever seen! Completely devastated but... that's testament to him I suppose.

I'm also hoping someone will be able to help identify the breed. I wasn't around when he first arrived with his sister Max (sadly knocked down when she was only a year old). Apparently he was something crossed with an English Blue but I know the square root of naff all about cat breeds etc and can't find anything that looks like him!

Anyway I should really be working so... thanks again

·
Banned
19,241 Posts
Hi everyone.

I thought I'd sign up because I've spent all day reading about and looking at pictures of cats, as last night I had to lay my best friend in the whole world to rest at just 4 years old :(

I'll post a few pictures in the relevant section. Still very raw. I don't do grief well at the best of times but I'm seriously struggling with this. It feels stupid because he's just a cat but... I don't expect anyone to understand.

Anyway...sorry it's a bit morbid. My real name is actually Chris.

so... hi!
Chris, there is no such thing as "just a cat" on this forum. And you can expect understanding from us. I am more of a dog person myself, though I do have a cat as well, and I am still recovering from the loss of my young dog a year ago. So don't think there is no one than knows - we all do and share your grief.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

My girlfriends sister has two male collies. Gorgeous, gorgeous dogs. I'm a sucker for affection and they both give and receive it in spades. I've always been a dog lover until I got Henri (not to say I'm now not a dog lover but I never thought I would feel like this with cats!)

I suppose they embody everything that's good about ourselves. Affection, love, loyalty, playfulness...

Sorry to hear about Josh(?)

·
Registered
14,997 Posts
Im sure if you pop some pics up in cat chat, some of the more experienced owners who know about the different breeds of cat will help you out - when you have time of course - again so sorry and big hugs ((()))

·
Registered
10,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum, dear Chris.

So sorry to hear about your beloved cat...

There is nothing so pure as an animal's love. When an animal loves you, it's total, there's no holding back. And they're loyal, non-judgemental, all-forgiving, always pleased to see you...
Faithful friend and companion, they capture your heart. And when their 'time' comes, as inevitably it must, the pain of loss is great.
That they came into your life is a blessing, that you'll meet again someday is another blessing. Until then remember the good memories with a happy heart and a happy smile...

·
Love my furry, feathered and finned family
2,882 Posts
Sorry to hear about your cat. People here understand that a pet is part of the family and know how painful it can be to lose them.

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
Hi Chris,

Like the others said -your cat was a member of the family, and not just a cat, so of course you will feel an awful loss. This is the hardest part of being lucky enough to share our lives with animals. But your cat was loved - what better life can a cat lead. Some never have that luxury. For you, you have a big gaping hole in your family. It won't close overnight. you will hae good days and bad days, but oit will get easier. And then you will be able to remember the good times, the funntthings.

Come back on here as often as you like if it helps. Lots of use have been through the same thing sadly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.