Hi, I am hoping someone who has been in a similar situation can offer me some advice. We already have a 9 month old Collie X and for a while we have been thinking about getting a second dog as a companion for her. Anyway, we (perhaps stupidly) revisited the rescue centre where we adopted Effy and were introduced to a 6 month old rough collie x (Toffee) who had been returned that day due to some behaviour issues (food / toy aggression and general nervousness of new things). She was fostered that day and spent a week in with some very experienced owners - we visited her at the house and saw a huge change in her, very friendly and more confident, came back when called on a walk, and got on very well with Effy. Her food aggression was still a bit of an issue but we thought it was manageable. So to cut a long story short we decided to adopt her last week. We've had her since Wednesday but already have seen her show some other 'issues'. The worst one being chasing cars, which resulted in her almost getting run over. She gets very exciteable (but then she is only 6 months old) and her recall is not so great - she will come back but then stop about 1-2 metres away so you can't actually get hold of her. I work from home so although she will not be on her own, I still find the thought of walking both dogs very daunting: I can trust Effy but Toffee gets distracted so easily that I can't trust her not to run off and chase something. We have been using treats to reward her when she does, but she doesn't always respond. Ironically, the food aggression thing is something I feel I can cope with as she will back off if you're firm with her. I know we have only had her for just under a week, but already we are wondering if we have taken on too much. I don't want to neglect Effy but Toffee really needs one-on-one training which I can't do whilst exercising our other dog. I feel terrible for even considering it, but we're not sure if we should keep her. Luckily, we talked to the fosterers and they are happy to have her back with them and continue the training if we decide we can't do it. I feel awful because we knew she had some problems, and we still took her on. I think we just didn't appreciate how hard it can be do train 1 dog whilst not neglecting the other one. We have said to ourselves we'll give it til Friday and see how things go. Part of me thinks she will be better off with someone who can dedicate more time to her, and the other part of me thinks it is too soon to know and perhaps we're panicking too early???? Any advice????