Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Biting Pup

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Amelia_87, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Amelia_87

Amelia_87 PetForums Junior

Hi there everyone

I have just had casper my lab pup, and he is a terrible biter!! Now I have had a look at other puppy biting threads on this forum and found them very useful as they describe the behaviour as normal - which is great, I was hoping it was normal!! We do try to distract him with toys and chews, but he always seems to prefer our hands, feet (espec) and hes even going to bite our faces, which Im very unhappy about.

However, there are times that if you remove him from something, i.e a plug or wire hes not supposed to chew, hell turn round and go to bite you harder - he did it to my dads ankle yesterday, as Casper was trying to bite the kitchen mop and we removed him and he bit hard on my dads ankle.
    It does look like ive been trying to hurt myself with the amount of scratches and cuts i have - but I do understand its puppy behaviour - just hurts when he makes you bleed!!

Now, Im not really sure how to stop this, I tend to push him away from the object with a firm 'no' and keep doing it until he gets the message. ut I think he sees that as a game, and just a minute ago, I pushed him away from the wooden table in the front room and he bit down hard on my arm and has drawn blood.

I am enjoying raising a puppy, dont get me wrong, but I would like to discourage this behaviour as much as possible. Am i doing the right thing or is there anything else I can do?

Thanks very much everyone :smilewinkgrin:

x

Oh, PS, I cant get 'The Bite Stops Here to open as i wanted to have a look at that also!

2. Amelia_87

Amelia_87 PetForums Junior

Brilliant, it worked, thank you v much!!!

x

3. rona

rona Guest

Hope it helps :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice