Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Biting/Pulling on Fabric

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Kate_w92, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Kate_w92

Kate_w92 PetForums Newbie

Hey all!

This is a bit of an strange one, and one that I'm not sure is actually a behavioural issue or just that my cat is an odd ball!

So for a bit of background I have a 10 month old ginger girl who is fully vaccinated, spayed, up to date with worming and fleas, and is an outdoors cat. Recently she has started to pull on fabric with her teeth, yanking upwards and pushing down with her paws. One minute she'll be sleeping peacefully then next she'll get up and start pulling on the blanket or cushion she was laying on - she pulls out the threads and even yanks the throw off the bed onto the floor and drags it around with her. I remember when she was a kitten I noticed she bit and pulled on her cat bed once or twice, but it stopped very soon after it started so I just chalked it up to teething. Now she's almost a year and she's doing it quite frequently.

I had cats growing up and never seen anything like this! So just wondering if it could be a tooth issue, maybe stress, or just even just boredom? Has anyone had this before with their cat? Is it worth taking her to the vets for a checkup, or is it not really something to worry about?

I was hoping to attach a video of her doing it, but it won't let me. Hopefully the screen grabs below will give a bit of a visual.

Other than this biting issue she eats and drinks well, toilets frequently in the garden litter tray, and is generally very playful and cuddly.

Any advise would be great, thank you!

xx

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 16.59.13.png Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 16.59.42.png Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 17.00.26.png Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 17.00.51.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice