Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Biting AKA Love nibbles.

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Varkhond, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

Okay i have allways let my dog "bite play" with my hands, and got her trained to stop wenever i got enough. But i hear some people dont think its an good idea. :rolleyes: YouTube - Dog Lovers Anonymous: Helpful Tips Some very good tips , but then she talk about the nibbles. I might want to add she never play this way with anyone else then me and my sister, but then again i dont want it to be a scary experience for some kid or dogfobia grown ups. :D

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Better safe than sorry. Any dog should be trained that it is never OK to put its teeth on a human.

3. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

100% agree.

If you are trying to train her not to bite but miss out even ONE opportunity to correct her it can have a lasting effect.
    It's not worth the risk so if I was in your shoes I would stop it right now because of something went wrong you would never forgive yourself.

4. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

Okay thanks. I´ll begin with rope only play now. Was so fun to wrestle with the dog though. :S

5. I agree with the others, a little nibble could one day turn into a full blown bite, and the dog wouldn't think she was doing anything wrong, cause you never corrected her.

There's lotsa other fun things you can do with her! :)

Good luck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice