Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bitches

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by thedogsmother, Apr 24, 2011.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Soooo another season question since Ive never owned a bitch before. I found some blood on the stairs, just a tiny smear and a tiny bit on Bellas tail but she isnt acting any differently and she isnt swollen and it really is a tiny smear which could be from anything (a bone or something). So would she be obviously different if she was in season and would she be bleeding loads, also no male dogs are paying any interest in her is that normal? I dont want to walk her if she is in season but I also dont want to not walk her if she isnt (my head is spinning now :eek:)

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I'm by no means an expert but Kenzie has just about finished her first season. After the first day she didn't really bleed much at all, there was absolutely no change in her behaviour. All the boys around here are neutered so can't comment on that. She was noticeably swollen though, no doubt about that at all.

That probably wasn't much help, but was just my experience.

3. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Both my girls are short coated *ahem* down there but their bits were really swollen. You couldnt miss it!!:rolleyes:

4. rona

rona Guest

I doubt if she is in season, often the first sign is either swelling or you notice the bitch licking herself more

5. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

I agree with Rona swelling is usally easily noticed before blood! Just keep an eye just incase :)

6. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

well Tilly bleeds quite abit and is very swollen, it started a tiny spot and its increased over time, ive had to wipe her down alot but now she seems to be keeping herself clean

7. thedogsmother

I think she probably isnt then, no licking, no swelling. I wish she would get on with it and have this flippin first one so I can stop imagining how terrible it is:eek:.

8. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

just hope she dosent wait until she is 15 month old like Tilly did to me, I was going grey with worry

9. thedogsmother

Ok scrap my last post, still no licking, a tiny bit swollen but its like the texas chainsaw masacre now ;), well its an obvious season anyway. Ive discussed it with my oh and we are going to give her one on lead walk a day but its going to be very late and somewhere secluded, shes already desperate for a walk :(.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice