Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bitch Ultrasound Scanning Business

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Dj1, May 2, 2017.

1. Dj1

Dj1 PetForums Newbie

I am thinking of starting a Ultrasound scanning business. Any advice greatly appreciated. I was a vet nurse for 12 years so love working with animals but now would like a business I can work around my children. If anybody out there offers training or I can do some work experience with you it would be great.

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

How about asking a sheep scanner if you can go round with them as they probably cover the most. It is the wrong time of year just now. I am sure the ultra sound companies must offer courses which will be essential to go to but it is really a case of getting the miles under your belt because no training will get your eye in.

3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

look up veterinary pregnancy ultrasound training and a few sites come up

4. Dj1

Dj1 PetForums Newbie

Thanks Blitz. I live on a farm with cattle so thinking of doing the bovine course as well. Just curious on how many dog owners would use on pregnant bitches.

5. flosskins

flosskins PetForums Senior

What area are you in? There are people local to me who have been on training courses and bought scanners, they aren't busy but they do get a decent amount of business

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice