Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bitch In Season

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Colsy, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Colsy

Colsy Banned

Hunny B is having her first season.
    It started about the 1st of August,but she started to get a bit bossy 2 weeks before.
    She seems to keep gunning for the alpha male of the pack.
    She just lauches herself at him and then it breaks out into a little fight.
    They have not hurt each other is more chumping of the chops,but it looks nasty.
    Its starting to calm down a little bit,but ever so often it starts up again.
    All my dogs have been done apart from Hunny B.
    I have had many bitches but never had one this bad with PMT.:eek:
    Have i just been lucky ?

2. rona

rona Guest

I had a bitch once that was wonderfully obedient (the only one :))
    but sometimes she would completely forget all her training and become the bitch from hell :( It would always be just before she came in season, luckily she only came in once a year ;)

3. Colsy

Colsy Banned

So its not unusal for a bitch to be this temperamental:confused:

4. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Poor barney sufferd the first week of maya being in season quite recently. Maya just goes in bitch mode, no dog is allowed near her or to even so much as give her a funny look and she'll have 'em. I had her in an enclosed court and she tried to attack a dog through the fense because it was trying to say hello.

Some dogs act differently, my friend's dog before she was spayed was the biggest flirt where as maya is the biggest bitch, hell she even gave me off looks at times.

5. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

My bitches don't really change. Amber came into season 2 weeks ago and she has changed at all she's just as daft as she normally is. Tegan doesn't allow the boys near her when she first comes into season but by day 9 she is practicaly crawling under the dogs. With Zoe half the time I don't even notice she is in season. My boys are not interested in her she doesn't flirt with the boys.

My boys normally tell me who is coming in season they start following a particular bitch about 2 weeks before they come in season. At the moment they are following Angel round but that is becasue they can smell Amber on her.

6. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Tau, my younger bitch has just come into season, she gets incredibly whingey, so PMT of a different nature. She's very clingy and doesn't like to be left at all. Thank goodness it's only twice a year!!

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

My girl is in her first season too. She gave no signs that she was due to come on until I saw blood on my living room floor. She seems to be her normal self but she's much more quiet and the first 2 days she panted a lot.

She is a bit more clingy too - perfect time for us to get the new cat!

She is being a bit stubborn but it's nothing I can't deal with :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice