Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bit Worried

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MrsL, Jun 6, 2010.

1. MrsL

MrsL PetForums Newbie

evening all

we're a little worried about our middle cat Dotty, she is 2 and a half

I might be worrying over nothing but she is my baby and i have anxiety problems as it is but here goes.

For the last few days she has been quite withdrawn although has been eating, drinking and playing a little, but she seems to just want to lay down on her own which is very unlike her.

She was vaccinated when we first got her but hasn't had her last 2 boosters.

All 3 of our cats are house cats.

We (or I)! am thinking could it be anything the kitten has brought in? we've had the kitten 1 week now, she appears to be very healthy as also eats, drinks, and plays.

Hopefully someone may be able to offer some kind advice?

Michelle xx

2. HoneyFern

HoneyFern PetForums VIP

It could be a mixture of things, mainly the warm weather we've been having (I take it you're in the UK). Also, it could be her way of adjusting to the new kitten. I wouldn't really worry about it being soemthing brought in as I'm sure the kitten would have been showing signs herself after a week.

3. MrsL

MrsL PetForums Newbie

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Seeing you put in words in front of me has made some sense especially with if the kitten had something she'd be showing signs by now - I meant to also put that the kitten as well and the other 2 have clear eyes and noses.

Oh yes, i'm in the UK (Kent)

Michelle xx

4. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Hi Mrs L - welcome to PF.

TBH if i saw unusual behaviour (or lack of) in either of my two, it would mean a trip to the vets (i too worry about them), just to ease my worries. As Honeyfern said, it could be the weather or the new kitten, but just to be on the safe side .....

Hope she perks up soon & everything is alright.

5. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

my 2 have been laying around much more the last few days due to the weather - i was jealous of their fur coats in the winter, now i do not envy them!

i would say keep an eye on her and if it continues or gets worse take her to the vet

6. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

it may be the heat or it could be something a new kitten has brought in when we first got holly my indoor ragdoll she brought a gurm in and gave it to smokey and our dog we had at the time and us if your really worried take her to the vet or at least ring them and ask what they think im a big worrier too i would proble just ring the vet to be on the safe side good luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice