Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bit of advice pls re- new puppy!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Hb-mini, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

I got our new pup on Fri night, Mini Schnauzer named Bella!
    She is doing great, doing all her business outside and sleeping really well in her crate! Getting used to my 3 year old running around just as my 3 yr old is getting used to Bella being around!

My question is, im a little worried because she didnt eat any of her tea last night, she ppicked a bit at her supper (My OH had to fed her with his hands, she wouldnt take it out of the bowl) and this morning for breakfast she was the same. Just picked at it a little bit. is it normal for new pups in their new homes to be a bit off there food or should i be more worried??

Thank you. :)

2. rona

rona Guest

I would be worried about a very small puppy going off it's food, they can become dehydrated and ill very quickly

3. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Ive given her her food in a shallower bowl like what she was used to at the breeders and she ate it all up! So im not worried as she is very bright in herself!

Thank you anyway!

:)

4. DebsPink

DebsPink PetForums Member

My vet said it was normal as there is no competition from the rest of the litter now. Ginny took about 3 days to start eating normally (not that I know what that is yet!) but already have found it best not to leave food down all the time, remove it after 10 mins or so.

It is a worry though!

Debs x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice