Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bit of a Rant...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rottiemum, Jun 18, 2013.

1. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

Now, recently on the thread about what concerns you on a walk, I wrote this:

'I am always very aware of our surroundings so usually detect trouble and can avoid it before it happens. For instance, a collie in the distance (she can't stand them); etc.'

So what happens this morning? A collie, in the distance. :rolleyes:
    We are walking where we always walk, at the time we always walk, the only time I've seen this one before is when I've walked her in the evening on a different path - it's one of these ones that the owner just lets out the front door to run around; so imagine my surprise when he's out there chucking a ball for it.

I see him in the distance, I think he's going the other way - I can see which way he's throwing the ball - at this point I can't see the dog, but i'm trying to so I can see what it is.
    He glanced back and clearly saw me with my large ON-LEAD dog.

What does he do? He turns around and chucks that ball as hard as he can right at us. :yikes:
    So immediately we have a collie, Baillie's least favourite dogs ever, running straight at us.
    I grabbed her tight. Thankfully the collie followed it's ball into the bushes and stayed there. The guy was strolling casually down the hill...

What I am most mad about is that all I could get out when he passed me was 'she doesn't like collies'...:eek:
    When I should have said something like 'I know you did that on purpose, you total d*ck'...
    How rude can you get? :incazzato:

Thankfully though, Baillie barely reacted. She was getting a bit wound up, but she never got bad like she usually will when she sees a collie.

2. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

Argh, those bloody ball chuckers. Some of them always seem to go out of their way to lob it in your direction, drives me nuts. Well done to Baillie though for keeping her cool.

3. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

never quite understood the need to chuck them in all directions any way I am sure the dog doesn't care.

Well done baillie for staying calm.

4. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

I think she was a bit confused by the way it all happened so fast! But yes, at least she was calm :)

5. Holtie

Holtie PetForums VIP

You can call me a spoilsport and I know it is not the dog's fault but if I found the ball before the dog I would have kept it if the stupid eejit deliberately chucked it in our direction!! :mad:

I have one of these ball chuckers but wouldn't dream of doing it deliberately towards someone!! :nono:

6. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

Yes, I did think of that, but with a collie-reactive rottweiler, it's not a good idea to hang around when there's a collie running top speed at you...lol :D

7. Holtie

Holtie PetForums VIP

True! But if your dog wasn't collie reactive - you would have done though! :devil: 'Fess up! :D

Well done to Baillie!!!

8. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

Oh absolutely!!! :D

9. Owned By A Yellow Lab

Owned By A Yellow Lab PetForums VIP

What a moron :mad:

If it happens again try and get the ball and then destroy it. That'll teach the bloke to aim balls at you and your Rottie bear!

10. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

One of my Rotties doesn't like Collies, which is always a challenge being surrounded by them. Today though, we stood and watched a collie working his cows and boy did that dog work hard. Then he decided to to do a "U" turn and run straight towards us for a dip in the river we were playing in. Collie decided he'd go thirsty the way Flint kicked off...farmer was about 4 fields away by this time with a herd of cows trotting on behind the 4 x 4. Plenty of rivers en-route though for the collie to have a swim and drink without being eye-balled by a Rottie.:blink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice