Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bit confused with puppy food :S

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by NathanbUK, Jul 25, 2009.

1. NathanbUK

NathanbUK PetForums Junior

So I got Beta food for my chihuahua when she arrives at 10 weeks in a week (the previous owners advised us to get this) whats confusing me is it says 'to start with give them moistened food' on the bag, what does this mean, I though it was meant to be a dry food. I know I may sound a bit dumb but it is my first puppy. :confused: Very greatful if someone could explain this to me.

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

It means you soak the food first.

3. NathanbUK

NathanbUK PetForums Junior

Oh right, simple as that. Thank you!!

4. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

is it beta puppy??? you may not need to soak it first ask the breeder if they are eating dry,most are by the time they go:)
    burns mini-bites puppy dry food is a very good one,it can be fed to all small breeds throughout as its a puppy and adult food and is better quality than beta;)

5. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

We have stopped soaking the Beta for our girl now and she is happy to eat the dry.

If the breeder has been soaking then I would suggest that you do so for the firt few days and then try your pup on it dry.

Be prepared for the amount of water Beta can soak up

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice